He swayed her and swirled her and Naira could not control the laughter that escaped her lips. Watching her be so carefree and happy, even Karthik could not contain his smile. Both of them were in their own bubble of love and happiness.

“ I watched from a distance as you, made like your own,
Every sky was your own kinda blue,
And I wanted to know, how that would feel
And you made it so real ,
You showed me something that I couldn’t see,
You opened my eyes and you made me believe”

The song soon started to fade out and reached the end but both of them were so immersed in each other that they didn’t want to let go off each other. They held on to each other till the last tune of the song could be heard. But then as if on cue, their little bubble busted and they parted ways from each other.

Suddenly they were very much aware of their surroundings and they let go off each others hands. Naira tried to excuse herself but was interrupted by Karthik.

“Where are you going ?!!” He asked and caught her hand again.

”I have to introduce you to many more people.” He said distracted and smiling at a few men passing by.

“I want to….” She started to say, but he dragged her towards another group of people.

A while later she walked towards the drinks bar and asked for a glass of orange juice. She stiffened while recognizing a person walking towards the counter. Naira straightened. A fear curled up her spine instantly. Her father. In Delhi ?!!

Mr. Singhania came forward with mocking eyes and the same sternness’ of demeanor. Naira gulped hard.

“Dad.” She came forward, but he cut her off with a hand slash.

She moved back a step while the light in her eyes dimmed, looking at her father after a lot of months. Apparently he did not miss her. The smile which started to appear on her face disappeared instantly. He moved towards the counter and she waited for his acknowledgement of her.

“Seems like you’re happy.” Her father stated flatly.

“I am.” Naira answered honestly.

She was happy. Doing what she liked. Working for what she dreamed. She finally had the freedom of dancing whenever and wherever she wanted. There was nobody to stop her. Also karthik was there to ensure she was happy all the time.

“What have you been doing ?!!” He asked suddenly without actually looking at her.

“I’m working in a dance academy.” She said in a small voice.

Her father looked back at her superiorly through his glasses.

“Dance ?!!” He asked with a raised eyebrow.

She bit her lip for blurting it out. She started to sweat at the distaste and displeasure darkening his face. She felt like coming back to the place where she hid everything and kept a secret of whatever she did in her life.

In the company of Karthik, she had no filter. What came in her mind she blurted it out. Because he never minded nor did he restrict her from anything.

She jumped, feeling a hand slid over her back. Her head moved to the side and her eyes caught the one person she was desperately looking for. Her husband. Her Karthik.

The caught breath in her lungs got out of her lips and her shoulder sagged relieved. His body was warm and hard. Like the shield and armor for her. His eyes moved all over her face and his gaze narrowed while looking at her father. Karthik straightened but he did not let go off her waist. He smiled at her father and her father looked at him with a sneering smile.