Part 18

As both of them entered the dinning hall, he had his hand around her waist protectively through out and he did not let her go.

There were immediate introductions. People smiling and hugging. Him introducing her as his wife. The socialites. The people. Wearing beautiful dinner gowns. The place was huge and filled with delicate glass decor. Everything was white and polished.

He got both of them a red wine glass

“I don’t drink.” She blurted out immediately, while he offered her one.

His eyes stuck to her face curiously.

“Never ?!!” He asked.

She shook her head.

“Never.” She said shortly.

He did not ask any explanation. His disarming charm and company again was getting to her. She might as well cling to his arm and push away all the stares that he was getting from the numerous woman. Most of them gazed up awed at his face.

They moved towards the table where the dinner with delicious spread was present. It was mesmerizing. Naira was just awestruck by the arrangements. It was spectacular.

She had gone with her father to these dinners. But nothing compared to this one. It seemed like she had climbed several steps up the ladder of the social circle.

She sighed and walked around smiling too and talking with the socialites and business men and their wives. He kept introducing her with lot of people and it felt strangely pleasing that he was involving her and pulling her towards where he stood.

As both of them are standing with some guests, a slow and romantic song started playing in the background. Naira recognized it immediately, it was Crazier by Taylor Swift. It was one of her favorites and she had very recently came to relate to its lyrics. The words were now her state of emotion.

Naira didn’t realize when she had started swaying lightly to the music.

“ I had never gone with the wind,
Just let it flow, let it take me where it wants to go,
Till you open the door, there’s so much more,
I have never seen it before.
I was trying to fly, but I couldn’t find my wings,
But you came along and you changed everything”

Karthik was observing Naira swaying a little as the music was playing. From the corner of his eyes he could see a slow smile crept on her face as the song played along. When he couldn’t take it any more, he held his hand forward to her, asking, “Would you like to dance with me ?!!”.

Naira was a bit taken aback at his request. She looked down at his forwarded hand. When her eyes travelled to his eyes she could see promise and longing. She nodded her head and placed her hand into his.

In return, Karthik ginned down at her. Naira’s heart skipped a beat looking at his grin. Karthik pulled at her hand lightly and Naira landed right into his embrace. Naira could feel Karthik’s hands curling around her waist.

“ You lift my feet off the ground,
You spin me around,
You make me crazier, crazier,
Feels like I am falling and I am lost in your eyes,
You make me crazier, crazier.”

Naira put her free hand on his shoulder and grinned up at him. He swayed once, and they were off on the dance floor. He made it so easier for her to follow, that she wondered if she was the professional dancer or him ?!!

They glided around backward and forward covering the whole dance floor. All the while their eyes never left each other’s . They were so involved into each other that for a moment they forgot the place where they were. Both of them tried to search the feelings the other person had through their eyes.