"I have your back and I know you have mine, nothings changed," he smiled the slightest for her to be reassured.

She nodded finally.

Katara stood the the side where she'd be safe as the fire sages left the Agni kai, they both knelt to the ground with their heads to the ground and backs to each other on opposite sides of the court yard.

Zuko inhaled deeply for a calmer mind as he looked at azula who took off her cape.

"I'm sorry it has to end this way brother," Azula said sarcastically dropping the cloth at her side.

"No your not," he rasped looking at her.

Azula didn't seem to have her footing completely as she smiled cruelly at him before spinning a punch of blue fire at him as Zuko jumped ahead to clap his hands together with his own fire to stop the blue from coming closer.

Azula leaped forward with a high kick and followed with multiple kicks of fire at the boy.

The battle continued at an even match of fire that was bigger than any building, taking up full vision when their fires collided into walls together, Zuko keeping his breathing evened out before taking a step forward to punch fire at the girl. Their fire collided again but passed each other half and half as blue fire was only feet from him as it was the safe for Azula.

Only for when the fire ceased Azula looked behind her seeing the palace was on fire behind her. How dared he destroy her palace. It filled her with rage while she breathed heavily.

Azula ran at him and flipped with a roped of large fire about to lay on top of him but Zuko quickly spun to split the fire in half with his own. Azula panted loosing control while she watched Zuko punch down to send back his own bouncing blast of two separate fires that weaved back and forth before Azula jumped out of the way.

She used fire to glide across the ground while punching fire at him, Zuko kicked up from the ground to send him flying in the air above the buildings as he came down with his hands together to send a wave back of fire as he held a solid form in a crouched position. There was no banter, no jokes, no threats.

Azula raced around her brother on her fire trying to attack him at different angles as Zuko held his stance to block each attack easily, not letting up from where he stood, eyes only on his sister. Trying to hit her with his own fire.

He watched her coming straight towards him with blue fire behind her, he dropped to the ground and spun kick around him for multiple waves of fire to crash down on her like the oceans waves on shore. It threw Azula off her path and she rolled across the cement with a cry.

She panted getting back up with her hair around her shoulders, stumbling to get back to her feet.

"No lightning this time? Afraid I'll redirect it again?" Zuko got in a strong stance as he was ready for anything.

"Oh... I'll show you lightning!" Azula snarled like an animal back. Blinding lightning staticed around  her fingertips as Zuko inhaled deeply pushing his emotions down to keep a leveled head. Controlling himself.
But he wasn't ready for Azula eyes to be taken off of him and to the side. Before he could say anything he watched the lightning be aimed next to him.

Zukos eyes darted to behind him and saw Katara standing there defensively. His heart dropped in the most fear he's ever felt. He didn't even hesitate to think he just moved to stop it.

"NO!"

Katara watched Zuko run in front of her as he leaped to be hit with  the lightning in his finger tips as it consumed him. Her breathing stopped.