Training

Katara watched Zuko practice with his swords intrigued with how he could fight so skillfully yet be not that bad of a fire bender.

"When did you learn swords?" Katara asked folding her blanket glancing at him with her curious ocean eyes.

"Thirteen," he striked a pose holding the swords tightly.

"Three years? People spend their lives trying to be masters," Katara snorted putting the blanket in the bag.

"Same with water bending but you spent a few months learning the actual master poses," he put his swords in the ground wiping some sweat from his forehead.

"Yea but I'm very natural, healing, waterbending," she listed smirking proudly.

"So is Azula," he smirked teasingly and Katara snapped her head at him quickly.

"Don't compare me to that crazy witch!" She spat.

"Just saying," Zuko put up his hands defending himself from the waterbender.

"I could beat you in fighting without bending!" She huffed with her hands on her hips.

"No you can't," Zuko said flatly.

"Yes I can!" Katara snapped.

"I could do anything better than you," she smirked crossing her arms.

"No you can't," he repeated with a sigh.

"Yes I can!" She yelled again.

"Can't," he snapped.

"Yes I can yes I can yes I can!" She stomped her foot on the ground getting close to him threateningly.

Zuko looked at her with wide eyes as he was confused at her determination. He sent her a unamused look crossing his arms but took out a sword and handed one to her as Kataras eyes widen with surprise but didn't take the sword from Zukos pale calloused hands.

"Prove it," he stated holding the sword still.

"You said-" "I know what I said," Katara snatched the sword from him glaring but just held it.

"I've never fought with swords though..." She hissed under her breath.

"Prove it with or without swords," Zuko held his tightly without dropping his look at her. Katara sighed and handed him the sword.

"Without," she huffed and Zuko nodded putting them back.

Katara went to attack him without her bending but he caught her small fist and spun her around and pushed her forward.

"Don't be obvious," Zuko rolled his eyes. Katara growled and went to kick him in the side but he grabbed her ankle and lifted her leg so she had to balance on one foot. She looked at him upside down as Zuko was calm but she saw the smallest smirk on his face.

"No you can't," he said flatly releasing her foot repeating the argument before.

"Well why would I want to fight without my bending?" Katara fell to the ground gripping the grass with her nails.

"Your brother does, and he's a skilled fighter I'll give him that, just also an idiot," Zuko offered her a hand but Katara got up without his hand.

"Have you met ty lee too? She's a non bender that is able to block your bending," he told her and the blue eyed girl turned her back to him.