Reminiscence

"Total Concentration Breathing Constant?"

"Yep! Basically it's the evolved version of total concentration breathing. Normally you expand your lungs during that one moment but you'll have to be doing that day and night, no exceptions."

"Ohh! I see!" Tanjiro excitedly smiles.

"I suggest you go to Shinobu for more guidance, as a hashira, they should already have mastered it. I'll be heading back to the room." I was about to walk away when Tanjiro took hold of my wrist.

Silence.

"Uhh..do you...need something else?" I awkwardly said before he snapped back to his senses and frantically apologized, making his way to Shinobu's room.

'That was weird.' He never acted like that before, maybe he's stressed out about something and was about to tell me? I'll ask later I guess.

-----

"Yoohoo~" I sang, walking towards the two boys.

"(Y/N)-CHANNNN!!! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!! LET'S GET MARRIED!!" Zenitsu yelled.

"Haha no."

"KYAHHHHHH!!! SO COLD!!" Zenitsu really was the comic relief I needed.

"Are you boys sure you're not gonna join Tanjiro? If you keep acting like this, sooner or later you're gonna get left behind." I frowned at their lack of motivation. Hey, it wasn't my job to force them to go train but I'm trying my best here.

"Hm? Left what now? Hey Kakushi girl! Wanna drink some tea with me?" He said and skipped away.

"Inosuke?"

No response.

"Inosukeee."

No response.

"Oh I see, it's because you're so weak you can't even respond to a simple call! I'm sorry I'll leave you alon-"

"HAAAAAAHHHHHH???!??!? WHO ARE YOU CALLING WEAK, PEASANT???!?" I was happy that his loud self was back, but as abruptly as it came, it left just as quick when he fell back under the sheets.

I guess it was just a temporary fix, I needed someone better at being condescending.

I took my blade out of its sheath and glided my fingers across the surface, letting the cool touch of the metal get my senses together.

Is it bad that I'm having fun with them? Should I be able to? Am I allowed? Father would definitely say no. He's still alive out there doing whatever the hell he's doing, he probably isn't even concerned how I'm doing, if I'm healthy, eating okay. Hell, if I'm even breathing.

Sometimes I wonder why I was even born, to surpass the current Lord of the Demons? That's what I was told at least.

The more I think about it, I don't really have a valid reason to live do I. Woah, that sounds more depressing when I actually think about it.

It's better for humans if I wasn't alive, all I'll cause is fear and pain and-

"(Y/N)-Chan!!!" Zenitsu shook my shoulders and before I knew it, a tear slipped down my face. Dropping my sword, I quickly wiped it away.

"What is it Zenitsu?"

"I tried calling you like 3 times but you just ignored me! I figured you were doing it purposely but then you started giving off a really sad sound, what's going on?" I wanted to respond, I wanted to tell him what was on my mind, the epiphany of my useless existence.

But I can't.

What would he do anyway?

Scream and tell me I'm perfect?

Sucks to suck because I'm nowhere near perfect, it's all in my father's sick head.

Father...It all leads back to father again huh?

"I'm okay, I was just thinking about how gruesome the next few training weeks will be haha." I forcefully chuckled.

Zenitsu sighed, clearly not buying my answer, "Your mouth may lie but your heart can't, but I can tell it's something you're not ready to talk about yet, I won't force you!" he smiled reassuringly.

"You may be goofy but you can be cool sometimes hm?" I smirked, tilting my head.

"....OH STOP IT YOUUU!! YOU THINK THAT MAKES ME HAPPY????!!" His face flushes and his goofy persona was back immediately, he was weirdly squirming around on the bed and laughing like an idiot.

---------------------------------

We talked for a while, it turns out Zenitsu was actually taught by a former Hashira! Though he only managed to learn the first form, Thunderclap and Flash, his master told him to hone that one good quality to the best of the best.

After hearing the story about his past I had newfound respect towards Zenitsu, he got struck head-on by lightning and he's still alive! Still wondering how black hair manages to turn yellow-orange with a lightning strike but hey it suits him.

"What about you? What lead you down this crazy demon path?-if you wanna tell me, that is! Knowing that you're demon and all it must've been crazy."

That was the one thing I was hiding, "U-uh, I'll tell you some other time, when the time is right, sorry."

I mean, people don't normally go around telling others that the cause of their journey is because they were kicked out by an abusive father who killed your mother?

"Oh, that's okay, I'm always all ears," he grinned, cupping his hand behind his ears like he's always ready to listen attentively.

"Thanks Zenitsu, I appreciate it."

-----days pass

Have a cute timeskip card------

"Why don't we see what Tanjiro is up to? Who knows he might've learned a new technique." Knowing him he should be training as soon as Shinobu teaches him how to do it.

"Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......" Zenitsu immediately shrinks away, attempting to run before I catch him.

"Aw come on I'm not taking no for an answer, let's go!" I grabbed Zenitsu and Inosuke by the collar and dragged them all the way back to the training room.

We slid open the paper door and peaked in to see Tanjiro re-challenging Aoi and Kanao.

It's like he leveled up or something his movements were totally different than a couple of days ago!

Seeing him almost capable of beating Kanao, I was close but I haven't trained very long in total concentration breathing constant so I was a bit rusty. The three of us sweatdrop as if we all knew each others thoughts.

'Oh crap'

(Unedited)
(A/n)
yoyoyo I'm back and culminating is finally O V E R
After the next week online learning will finally be over 🎉🎉🎉