The Truth

It seemed as though time had stopped, nothing, nobody moved. The breeze had vanished and the birds stopped singing.

"I...I have a heart condition, which makes it pump at a irregular pace-"

"(Y/N), I'm not as foolish as you may think I am. Don't you think that we should know the truth now that we're traveling together?" His eyes returned dull, piercing into my own.

I looked down, my grip on the hilt of my sword tightening.

When I tried to speak up my voice stuttered erratically, "I-I....I didn't want anyone to k-know, no one was supposed to know about it, I was doing fine until now-p-people can't know about this, I can't let them know! I can't...I can't let you know and live to put me in danger." My hand suddenly unsheathed my sword, sending a horizontal slash their way, Zenitsu ducked down with a scream while Tanjiro jumped into the air.

"W-what's happening, I'm not doing this I swear!" I tried resisting but of course, it was futile.

"(Y/N)!" Tanjiro exclaimed.

"I-I'm sorry, if only I hadn't talked to you in the first place you wouldn't be in danger because of me!" My body swung forward, attempting to slash Tanjiro, only to be blocked by his own sword.

The impact of our swords knocked us back and I put mine back in it's sheath, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't be around you two," and with that, I ran off into the forest, so unbothered by the fact that I was going the way the crow instructed.

-----------

(Third person POV)

'Why did (Y/N)-Chan suddenly attack us like that? Her movements were rigid and erratic, almost as if she were being controlled.' Zenitsu furrowed his eyebrows, concerned for his teammate.

"Tanjiro, are you alright?" He turned to the boy who was drawing back his sword.

"Yeah but...what's gotten into (Y/N)? It's not like her to act this way,"

"That's something we'll have to find out ourselves right? We have to help her," Zenitsu smiled, determined to bring her back to that chuckling girl who's smile was as pure as a dove.

"She ran Northwest, we'll try to find her while we do the mission, she might be around the mansion. Let's go!" Tanjiro took off with a dragging, unfit Zenitsu, who kept yelling at him to wait for him.

-----------

The two boys ended up finding a mansion in the middle of the forest the vibes the building gave off made them shiver in anxiety.

Sniffs and whimpers caught the attention of Tanjiro, who turned to see two kids, a boy and a little girl, hugging each other, tears running down their cheeks.

"Why are you kids here?" Tanjiro tried approaching them, which made them even more frightened, he noticed his mistake and stood where he is.

"Hey, wanna see something cool?" He smiled, reaching his hand out, one holding something and the other covering that something.

"Ta-da! A tamed sparrow! Neat right?" He revealed the little sparrow that was with Zenitsu, it chirped and jumped on Tanjiro's hand.

The two children fell down to their knees and let out a shaky sigh.

Tanjiro's face transitioned to a stern one, "please, tell me what happened,"

They stared at him for a little, before the little girl spoke up, "we were walking home...when a demon took our big brother away!" She cried out.

"A demon? Where did it take him?" He asked.

"I-in there..." she pointed behind Tanjiro, towards the mansion.

'(Y/n) may have gone in there as well, we need to get them both out of there!'

"Alright, we'll go in and save your big brother, just stay outside no matter what, okay?" He set his box that contained Nezuko, in front of them, "This box will protect you in case anything comes to hurt you okay? Never go away from it." He pats the top of the box and stands up as they nod.

"Alright Zenitsu, lets go,"

"EEEEEEEEEYAAAAAAAAA NO WAY! CAN'T YOU HEAR THAT DREADFUL NOISE?!" The boy screamed.

"Hm? What noise?" His scarlet eyes showed that he really couldn't hear anything.

"Really? It's so loud...almost like a drum playing..." he cupped his ears towards the building.

Tanjiro followed Zenitsu's action, still not hearing a thing, "I don't know about noise but I do smell danger,"

----------
(Skip the whole children scene and when they get separated cuz haha)

(Y/N) Was lost, she had ran into the building without thinking and was unable to get out, despite opening at least 15 doors.

Loud thumping noises startled her, causing her to draw her sword towards the noise.

The thumps got louder and the shadow grew bigger, revealing an...rather obese demon with long hair.

"Ohh, what's this? I thought I felt another presence of a demon, but it seems like you're a traitor," The demon said.

"Shut it, what do you know." Her to be was harsh, unlike her usual calm voice.

"Hehehe...I know that you're gonna be in my belly very soon," he gives his tubby belly a slap and proceeded to approach (Y/N).

She was about to attack when a yell from the other side of the door was heard, someone smashed through it yelling, "Pig Assault!!!" Landing and facing the big demon.

"Another one? Today's my lucky day," it sounded so cocky, like it can beat two demon slayers in one fight.

"Hah?! What're you talking about?! I'm the one who has a lucky day cuz I'm gonna kick yer ass!!" The boar head man pointed at it.

"We'll see about that-" boar man didn't even let the demon finish it's sentence and cut off both it's arms.

"Owww!!" The demon stumbled backwards, his decapitated arms dripped viscous blood onto the floor.

"DIE, SON OF A DEMON! BAHAHAHAHHA!!" The boarman jumped and cut off it's head, making it drop down to his knees then his whole body laid down with A loud thump.

"Bahaha! I'm the strongest of them all! Sing no wimpy dimpy demon gonna get the best of me! Bahahahahahaha!!!" He laughed so hard he started bending backwards.

"What do you think, lowly bystander?! Aren't I strong?!" He turned around and pointed at nothing, because by the time the boarman cut off the demons arms she already left.

(Unedited)
(A/N)

Sorry I took so long to update! Anyway, zappy boy is here and is here to take (Y/N)'s heart, let's see what'll happen next chapter.