Rehabilitation Training

That was

Probably

The most

Painful experience in my life besides my childhood.

My muscles are torn, mind: drained, emotions: gone, will to live-wasn't there in the first place but now it's gone even more.

Tanjiro, Inosuke and I walked back to our room feeling worse than when we came out of Mt.Natagumo. Zenitsu was desperately trying to get answers from our experience there but we just shrugged him off, too exhausted to say anything.

Oh well, he'll know the pain starting tomorrow.

---------------------------

"Ok! Now that Zenitsu-san is capable of functioning normally again, he'll be joining us from today, since he's new, I'll re-introduce the procedures." Aoi said.

"First you'll work on your flexibility, the girls will make your bodies limber again since you've been bed ridden for so long." Inosuke was put up for demonstration and the girls were pulling pro wrestling moves on him, putting him into all sorts of positions. (I DONT KNOW HOW TO WRITE THIS WITHOUT SOUNDING WEIRD OMG)

You could see his tears come out of his boar mask as he's forced to play twister, poor guy.

"Next is reflex training. The goal is to splash the opponent with the cups that contain medicated water, if they block the cup before you can pick it up, you can't move that cup." Tanjiro wad next.

"Begin!" Not even a millisecond passed and Tanjiro was already soaked in the medicated water.

"Again!" Wash, rinse repeat. 😔

"Last up, full body training, to put it in simpler terms, you'll be playing tag. You'll be up against myself and Kanao." I was up for demonstration now.

"Begin!" I chased after Kanao who skillfully dodged all my attempts to reach for her. Left, right, up, down, we were running in all sorts of places and in the end the closest I've ever gotten is nearly touching her cape.

"Ahhhh, I'm so tired!" I laid down next to the boys, huffing and puffing for air.

Inosuke and Tanjiro looked absolutely defeated, and Zenitsu slower raised his hand, "Uhh...may I ask you something?"

"Is there something that's not clear to you?" No I don't think that's the case Aoi...

"No, its just..." he stood up, his expression completely different.

"Come on, both of you."

"M-me???" I pointed at myself.

"Eh?" Tanjiro blanked.

"Not going." Inosuke was still depressed.

"JUST SHUT UP AND COME WITH ME LIKE I SAID!!!!!" Zenitsu suddenly burst, grabbing Tanjiro and Inosuke's clothes and dragging them outside spitting out a number of insults.

As they 'quietly' converse in the backyard, Aoi brought in some normal tea for the three of us.

"So, what made you join the Demon Slayers?" I look over to Kanao, who didn't respond. She just kept smiling and staring at the wall.

"Hello?" I waved my hand in front of her face.

"Please don't mind her, it may not look like it but in her head she's having a never-ending contemplation on whether she should talk to you or not." Aoi said.

"Huh? Why?"

"Kanao-sama can't make decisions for herself, usually she flips a coin to decide but I'm not sure whys she's not doing it."

"Oh, well, take your time I guess." We all took a sip of the tea.

-----------------

The boys came back in with Zenitsu gleefully skipping towards the three girls for the flexibility exercise.

While we were crying from having our limbs torn apart he was smiling and laughing like it was nothing!

Next he was up against Aoi for rreflex. As Aoi reached for the cup, Zenitsu places his hand on top of hers and squeezed, his other hand held a cup of medicated water but didn't splash her.

"I'll never splash tea on a girl."

Finally, he was against Aoi again in tag

"Begin!" Not even a second later, Zenitsu zoomed behind Aoi, clinging onto her body. Then he yelled, "GOTCHA!!" Before being pulverized.

"H-how is he so good?" I held the hem of Tanjiro's shirt.

"ARRGHHGHH, I CAN DO THAT TOO!!!" Inosuke angrily stood up, his depressive state completely disappearing.

He proceeded to beat Aoi in all the exercises. Unlike Zenitsu, Inosuke yearns for true equality and didn't hold back on splashing her or catching her upside down.

Somewhat determined to also catch up, I was also successful in beating Aoi.

Tanjiro however...was a bit of a lost cause.

No matter how many times he tried, he just never seemed to be able to beat Aoi.

Zenitsu, Inosuke and I proceeded to move on to the next stage-by next stage I mean the same exercises but against Kanao.

And of course, we were no where close to beating her, even with Inosuke's hunger for victory, or Zenitsu's passion of...showing off to girls? Kanao and I shared a few rounds in the cup game because I was trained in total concentration breathing

After a few more defeats, Inosuke and Zenitsu called it quits and used every excuse in the book to not come to training.

"Looks like it's just us two." Tanjiro sighed as the other two boys refused to get out of bed, I even tried persuading Zenitsu but he keeps dodging my words.

"Tanjiro, have you heard of total concentration breathing constant?"

(Unedited)
(A/N)
It's been awhile since the last update lmao.

Since it's the last few weeks of school and we need to do stuff like cpts (like end of school big assignments) I'll be taking like 3 weeks off. 🙇🙇🙇

Stay safe!