Enter, Zenitsu

Tanjiro and and I said our goodbyes to Tamayo and Yushiro, they said they will move to another location as their former one was found and destroyed.

Tanjiro's Kasuri crow was yelling, "North-west! North-west! Your next mission is North-west!!!!" It has been repeating the same words for the last 5 minutes.

"I get it, I get it! Just be quiet I beg you!" Tanjiro covered his ears.

"I BEG YOU!!!!" The sudden scream startled all of us, including the crow.

Down the road we are two figures who seem to be in a struggle.

As we walked closer we see a familiar boy hanging on to a girl with braids, "Please! I'm going to die on my next mission! That's why I want you to marry me!!!" The boy hollered.

The girl struggled to get out of his grip, clearly she doesn't want to marry him.

A small sparrow flew our way and landed on Tanjiro's palm.

"Chu! Chuchuchu! Chuu chu! Chuuu!!!" The little one seemed very distressed.

"Hmm, I see, don't worry I'll help!" Ok when the heck did Tanjiro learn how to speak sparrow? But that doesn't matter because the sparrows eyes sparkled and that was really adorable.

I just stayed put and Tanjiro went up to the two and picked up the yellow haired boy by his haori. "Hey! Can't you see she wants no part of you?! Stop bothering her! And stop causing trouble for your sparrow!" Woah, he seems mad.

The boy stops his crying, "H-huh? Oh hey you're from the final selection!..." He sniffs up some snot.

"You're mistaken! I'm positive I don't know someone this low!" Wha??? But I'm so sure Tanjiro saw him?

"No, you're the one that has memory problems!" He argued.

Tanjiro stared, "..."

"Everything is fine now miss, you can be on your way," Tanjiro made a full 360°, ignoring the tear stained boy and smiling towards the braided hair girl.

"Yes, thank you very much!" She returned the smile and bowed

"HEY! DON'T GET IN MY WAY! THAT GIRL IS GONNA MARRY ME!" He sprung up only to get knocked back down by the girl's ferocious slap.

She continued to slap him as he cried loudly, "Since when did I say I'd marry you?! You were just laying on the side of the road looking down and I only asked if you were ok!"

"What?! So you didn't reach out to me out of love?!" This feels like a very bad romance drama...Twilight is p o s s i b l y better.

"Of course not!" Tanjiro restrained the girl's arms as to prevent her from slapping the boy.

"But what about the marriage?!" Man he just doesn't know when to give up doesn't he.

"I have a fiance so no way in hell! And I see that you're fine now! So Good Bye!!" She turned on her heel and stomped away.

I decided this would be a good time to walk in, letting out a small chuckle, "That teaches you to latch onto women,"

His golden, glossy and dull eyes met mine and they immediately lit up.

"A Goddess..." he whispered, I didn't catch that though.

"I'm sorry?" I bent down to his level, tilting my head in confusion.

"AHHHHH, THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!! EVEN THOUGH I WAS REJECTED I FOUND MYSELF A GODDESS!!!!" He took my hand and squeezed it.

His face was completely red, flushed with happiness like he actually found the love o his life.

"Ew, you're trying too hard." I made a disgusted face at him.

Despite my harsh words, his expression didn't change, remaining the same stupid grin and blush.

"You're strong right? You have to protect me until I get married to her!" He cried towards Tanjiro.

"My names Kamado Tanjiro!" Did he just swerve his demand?

"Ah, right! I'm Zenitsu Agatsuma! Please protect me, Tanjiroooo!!!" He clung onto my Haori, which Tanjiro just picked him up by the collar again.

"Okokok! I'll do it! Just stop bothering (Y/N)!"

"(Y/N)? So that's the Goddesses name! Pleasure to meet you, really!" This was quite a scene, Zenitsu was dangling in mid air from Tanjiro's grip.

"Um...likewise?" I raises a brow, not rally knowing how to respond.

We were interrupted by the Kasugai crow's yelling, I swear to God I'm gonna chuck a stone at it one day.

"Run! Tanjiro, Zenitsu, (Y/N)! Run! There has been rumours of a manor that's in North-west!!" There was a moment of silence before screaming followed, obviously from Zenitsu.

"THE CROWS TALKING! WHY'S THE CROW TALKING?!?!??!?!?!?" He fell onto the ground like a scared goat and clutched his head, transitioning into a bridge, man I gotta say, he's really flexible.

--------------

As we walked, Zenitsu's stomach began to growl.

"Ahh...After all that crying I'm hungry...do you guys happen to have any food on you?"

Tanjiro reached into his Haori and pulled out a onigiri wrapped in a leaf, "here," he handed it to Zenitsu, who took it with a thanks.

Out the corner of my eye, I see Tanjiro wince and clutch his stomach, only to put back on the smile when Zenitsu looked over, "Are you not eating?" He asked.

"No, that's the only thing I have," he chuckled awkwardly.

'Tanjiro's so kind?...how can someone be this kind???'

Zenitsu split the onigiri in half, giving the unbitten one to Tanjiro, "here, have half,"

"Really? Thank you!" Tanjiro took it and happily bit into it.

"You want some (Y/N)?" Tanjiro moves his hand holding the onigiri towards me.

I bent down, taking a small bite, Tanjiro frowned, "That's so little! Take at least 5 more bites,"

I stopped in my tracks, "stop it."

The two boys had curable confusion in their faces.

"Huh?"

"Stop being so nice to me! It's not right, you don't even know who I am, so why are you being so nice?! I can tell that something seriously horrible happened in your life, something that would render someone completely depressed! So how are you able to act like this?!" I didn't mean to snap at him, I was just so confused.

Tanjiro stared, then gave me the softest smile someone could ever give me.

"Of course I know who you are, you're (Y/F/N), someone that I care about, and want to protect,"

Zenitsu spoke up, "But (Y/N)-chan, since no ones bringing it up..."

"First, I have this ability, to hear sounds that others can't, including heartbeats, and (Y/N)-chan...yours tell me..."

"That you're a demon, aren't you?"