Everything Goes Wrong

Emily (POV)

Before he could say anything, I attacked him with a bear hug. I couldn’t believe how smoothly all of this was going. No guards, no servants, no Ashton. The door was also open and now Jake was here. Was it a trap or just a coincidence? Well whatever the hell it was, Jake was here so it couldn’t be a trap as Jake was loyal to me.

My train of thoughts came to a stop when Jake pulled himself away and kissed me on the forehead. He had something in his hand which was too hard. When I pulled away from him and saw what it was… I was too stunned.

It was a gun. A freaking Gun.

Before I could say or do anything, he quickly put a hand on my mouth and told me to remain silent.

“Jake what the hell? Why do you have a gun which is most probably loaded? And how come you are here 6 days late? And how did yo…”

Putting a stop to my rambling with his finger, he started explaining “That idiot’s goons had been threatened by me as I had a police officer’s license because of my previous job and ironically they believed me and after a lot of investigation, here I am. I have a gun because I don’t know what could happen with Ashton. But what are you doing here outside? ”

“I had a fight with Ashton and I was trying to run away. But it seems like my try has been successful” I said feeling proud of myself.

“Baby girl you don’t know how much I missed you. I love you so so much” Jake said.

“I love you too Jake…” I replied honestly.

He moved to hug me again. I hid my face in his chest and started crying silently. I don’t know why I had been such an emotional mess lately.

“I suggest that you remove your hands from what is mine. Because seriously you wouldn’t like the consequences trust me.” A voice came from behind me.

I turned around to Ashton standing 5 feet away from us. He was looking threateningly at Jake with 10 of his guards behind him.

“A…Ashton?” I stammered.

“Yes darling. You should come here this instant otherwise I’ll kill him. You know I don’t joke.” He said sternly.

I gulped and made a move to go to him but was stopped by Jake who pulled me back and put an arm around my waist. Seeing this, Ashton took a step forward. Before he could do anything, I stepped in front of Jake and said “If you do anything to him, I won’t talk to you.”

“I won’t do anything if you come to me willingly.” He replied back.

I tried to walk away from Jake but he wouldn’t let me go. When I looked up at him, I silently pleaded with my eyes but he shook his head.

“Jake let me go please he won’t let me go. I don’t want anything bad happening to you. Please Jake let me go.” I said crying silently.

“No.” Jake said firmly.

Before i could do anything, I heard a fire and when I turned back horrified, I saw Ashton and the others being completely perfect but soon I saw Ashton’s gun pointing to Jake’s stomach. At the same time, I felt Jake’s hold loosening on me and he fell down. All of this happened in matter of seconds. I gasped.

Suddenly, I bent down and shook him. “Jake stay awake don’t sleep.” I said sternly. He smiled weakly at me. I pressed my hands on his wound to stop the blood and thanked god as it stopped temporarily.

Soon, Ashton’s men came and took him to god knows where.

“No… stop.” I made a run to go after them but Ashton himself stopped me and took me to his house. I started thrashing in his arms. “Let go. I want to be with him. Stop. Hey stop it let me go…” I shouted. He took no notice of me and continued on his way. Soon, we reached our bedroom and gently he placed me on the bed.