Having Ele by his side helped a lot. Her humming could not only calm down the worst dragon, but it also made him feel more focused somehow. So, most of the time you would find the little boy with a Swablu on his head or perched on his shoulder. If she was not napping on the boy's chest with him.

"Professor Oak, I finished grooming the flock of Swablu's," Ash said, as he entered the older man's office. Only to find him in a meeting with two other people. "Sorry, I didn't know you had visitors."

"No, it's fine, my boy. We were just talking about you." Oak replied with a chuckled, gesturing to the boy to get closer. Ash tilted his head to the side cutely, not understanding what was going on, but obeyed the silent request. "Ash, these are Lance, the Indigo League Pokemon Champion, and Drayden, Unova's Dragon-type Gym Leader." Oak presented them.

Ash's eyes glowed in excitement and he began babbling happily to the two new guests. Meeting a gym leader from another region and his region's champion was like a dream come true. The Shiny Swablu chippered on the boy's head, noticing how the second-youngest male in the room blushed slightly. That trainer was an enemy and she needed to protect her boy from the predator.

Dear Arceus, can this boy get any cuter? Lance complained in his head. Not only did he look adorable going around tending dragon after dragon with a fluffy Swablu on his head, but his face just had to split into a Sunflora smile and his eyes shine like the sun. He then proceeded to glare at the older men who chuckled at his situation, as he was the main focus of the slaughter of attention. Oh, no! Even the boy's Swablu noticed and is giving me the stink eye.

"Ok, Ash, my boy, I think that's enough for now. Let Lance breathe a little bit, please." Oak finally intervened, taking pity on the flustered Champion. "As you know we've done all we can for the dragons that ended up in our care. However, after all, they've been through, we can't allow them to simply return to nature. They need to go through rehabilitation."

"Rehabilitation?" The boy asked confused.

"Yes, it is when pokemon who had suffered at the hands of humans by various reasons like poaching, abuse, or abandonment, are treated so they can trust humans again. Otherwise, they'll remain untrusting and sometimes even react violently to the presence of humans. There are cases that pokemon did not suffer from humans and are simply too violent to be left in the wild, attacking humans for no reason. In those cases, these pokemon are also sent to Rehabilitation Centers." Professor Oak explained. Normally Ash would have stopped paying attention by now but Ele's humming kept him focused. "Drayden here is in charge of not only a Gym but he is also in charge of a part of the Nature Preserve that surrounds Unova- his part is dedicated to Dragon-type Pokemon. The plan is to take the pokemon there for their rehabilitation with the help and protection of Lance."

"Does that mean that Ele will leave?" Ash asked, fearfully, taking the Shiny Pokemon into his arms as she chippered worriedly.

This was her boy she was not leaving him, he had nothing to worry about! She tried to assure him with her humming.

"No, calm down Ash," Oak told the boy. "Don't you think it is strange that your mom allowed you to skip two weeks of school? Or that even school would let you do that? When I contacted Delia, I told her I was trying to figure out something. That something is that you have ADHD. That means that you have higher levels of hyperactive and impulsive behavior, which is why you can't sit around in class or pay attention for long times without doing other stuff."

"Which is why I remember more when I am on my feet, is that why you had me learn about pokemon types while helping you restock the infirmary room? Or about the different regions while running after the dragons?" Ash asked curiously and relieved to finally have answers.

"Yes," the Professor answered. "I also noticed that whenever Swa- I mean Ele is around, you are more focused and pay more attention. I believe that has to do with her evolution." He continued, taking out his Pokedex. "Let me show you: 'Altaria dances and wheels through the sky among billowing, cotton-like clouds. By singing melodies in its crystal-clear voice, this Pokémon makes its listeners experience dreamy wonderment.' As you are still young to have your own pokemon I had to make an official request, through Nurse Joy to the League, showing that Ele is more helpful to you than any kind of medication, not to mention much healthier. They allowed you to keep her as your own pokemon for medical reasons and you will be allowed to have her during class." Oak smiled, giving him a Poké Ball. "This is a Heal Ball, it's a remedial Poké Ball that restores the caught Pokémon's HP and eliminates any status problem."

"Thank you, professor!" Ash exclaimed happily, allowing Ele to return to his head and hugging the Heal Ball to his chest. "But then I don't understand what all of this has to do with me?" Ash asked, confused about his part on all of this.

"Well, I've noticed how you've gained the trust of the pokemon and their friendship," Drayden cut in. "That is not a small feat when it comes to dragons, especially injured ones. That shows raw talent, boy." The old man's praise the blushing boy. "It is also what we need during our trip to Unova and the first few months in the Nature Preserve. They will not trust anyone and their experience of being transported around... is not good. Having you around will help things go smoothly and they trust us a little bit easier. This way no one will get hurt. It will also be a good experience for you, learning first-hand about rehabilitation."

"Really? I can?!" Ash exclaimed, excitedly but then his expression dimmed. "Will mom let me? What about school?"

In moments like that Ash wanted the times in which one could start your pokemon journey at ten to come back. But at the same time, he knew that it was a necessity, as ten years old children have not matured emotionally to be on the road on their own.

"Delia had no problem letting you go; she was very proud and excited for you. She was only worried about where you will be staying and if it will be safe, once we told her that you'll be staying in the same house as a Gym Leader she was all for it." Oak explained to the boy. "As for school, I've been given the rights to your education. I'll continue mentoring you through video chats and whenever you don't understand something about your homework or need help Drayden will be there to explain it. He is also the Dean of Opelucid Academy, a very prestigious school in Unova."

"Wow!" Ash sighed, looking at the gym leader with twinkling eyes- Ele not hiding her admiration either.

The older Dragon Master chuckled at the adorable boy and his Swablu, before grumbling: "So what do you say? Will you be coming to Unova with us?"