One Step Closer

Amid the vibrant atmosphere of the Chocovine Contest, Celeste's voice rang out with determination. "Dolos, it's showtime! Begin with Swift!"

Dolos responded instantly, summoning a flurry of stars that sparkled like diamonds in the spotlight. The stars formed a constellation around him, and then, at Celeste's command, he channeled his psychic power. With a gentle sweep of his head, he manipulated the stars into a series of intricate rings, each one glowing with a soft, ethereal light.

"Now, leap and weave through the rings!" Celeste's excitement was palpable as Dolos leaped into the air. His lithe body twisted and turned, somersaulting with incredible grace through each successive ring. The crowd watched in amazement as he moved.

As Dolos landed gracefully, Celeste's voice carried over the applause. "Thunder Wave, Dolos! Infuse your Swift with electrifying energy!"

Dolos focused his psychic power once more, this time infusing the Swift stars with crackling electric energy. The once-still stars now sparked with lightning-like flashes, and as Dolos released them, they burst forth in all directions. Each star emitted a soft crackling sound, like a gentle thunderclap, as they danced through the air, creating an enchanting display.

"Now, Dolos, Power Gem!"

With a confident nod from Celeste, Dolos turned his attention to the stars. His gem glowed and with meticulous control, with a burst of power, he unleashed a focused Power Gem attack. The stars shattered with a brilliant explosion, and in their place, a radiant burst of colors and lights erupted. The crowd gasped in awe as the fireworks display illuminated the stage, casting a kaleidoscope of hues across the arena. As the final burst of light faded, Dolos stood at the heart of the stage, his stance poised and confident. The cheers and applause of the crowd surrounded him.

"This is getting easier for you," Ash commented as he greeted Celeste with a hug backstage.

"Practice makes perfection!" Celeste preened. "Though, you are right. I feel more comfortable on stage with each contest that passes."

"And you are having fun!" Ash giggled, turning quite a few heads at how melodious he sounded and how pretty he looked. Celeste rolled her eyes, her best friend never changed. "Then again, with a routine like that anyone would have fun! It was so cool!"

"I know right!" Celeste beamed. "All of my eeveelutions know Swift! Yet I have not used it as much as it deserved, I wanted to rectify that!"

Ash flashed her his Sunflora smile. "Well, you did!"

Celeste's phone vibrated in her pocket. She quickly pulled it out, a bright smile forming on her face as she saw Wallace's name on the screen. With a tap of her finger, she answered the call. "Hey, dad!" she greeted, her voice a mix of excitement and warmth.

"Hey Wallace!" Ash greeted beside her.

"Bravo, my dear Celeste! That was an absolutely splendid appeal!" Wallace's voice came through the phone, filled with genuine enthusiasm. "Oh, hello to you too Ash."

Celeste blushed slightly at the praise. "Thank you so much, dad! I'm really glad you enjoyed it."

"Enjoyed it? Oh, my dear, that's an understatement!" Wallace chuckled. "The way you combined Swift with Dolos' psychic abilities was simply brilliant. It added an ethereal quality to the performance, as if the very stars were dancing to your command."

Celeste's heart swelled with pride at Wallace's words. "I'm really glad it came across that way. Dolos was amazing up there."

"And showing off the gem on Dolos' forehead, oh, that was a stroke of genius!" Wallace continued, his excitement evident. "It added a touch of elegance and mystique to the routine. Gem Power, as they say!"

Celeste giggled, feeling a mixture of happiness and validation. "I'm glad you noticed, dad. I wanted to highlight Dolos' uniqueness as an Espeon."

"You certainly succeeded," Wallace said warmly. "It was a perfect appeal routine for an Espeon. The way you showcased his Psychic-type abilities and his gem's beauty... It was captivating. I can't wait to see what other amazing performances you have in store. Keep shining bright, Celeste."

"I will, dad. Thank you again," Celeste said, her heart filled with gratitude.

As they exchanged a few more words, Celeste couldn't help but feel a renewed sense of motivation. Wallace's praise had not only boosted her confidence but also fueled her determination to continue giving her all in the contest circuit. With his words echoing in her mind, she hung up the call, ready to face the battles rounds. With her renewed energy, her and Pan cruised through the battle rounds, making it all the way to the finals.

In the intense heat of the contest stage, Celeste and Pan stood ready to face their opponent, Joshua and his Yanmega. Celeste's voice cut through the tension, the moment the clock starting running. "Pan, let's show them our strength! Begin with Shadow Ball!" Pan's eyes gleamed as he conjured a dark sphere of energy, with a swift motion, he propelled the Shadow Ball towards the opposing Yanmega, the sphere hurtling forward with an ominous intensity. But Celeste wasn't finished yet. "Swift, Pan! Infuse your Shadow Ball!"

Responding to Celeste's command, Pan released a barrage of stars that converged around the Shadow Ball in midair. The stars encircled the dark sphere, creating a mesmerizing visual effect as they rotated and twirled around it. The combination was a dazzling display of celestial energy, a sight that left the crowd in awe. As the enhanced Shadow Ball rocketed towards Yanmega, the impact was incredible. The fusion of dark energy and stardust struck the Bug/Flying-type pokemon, causing a brilliant burst of energy that engulfed her. The attack's power and unique visual presentation managed to lower one-third of Joshua's points.

But Celeste had more tricks up her sleeve and she was not letting up. "Sunny Day, Pan! Charge up a powerful Solar Beam!" With a graceful leap, Pan landed on the arena's stage, and a radiant light bathed the battlefield as Sunny Day was invoked. The sunlight's intensity grew, and Pan harnessed this energy to prepare a Solar Beam of unparalleled force. Yet, the unexpected occurred. As Pan unleashed the Solar Beam, it did not go towards Joshua's Yanmega, but was absorbed via Giga Drain. "Convert the energy, Pan! Shape it into Leaf Blade!"

Pan's focus intensified as he redirected the absorbed energy. The light of the Solar Beam condensed into a brilliant, blade-like form. The leafy weapon shone with the brilliance of the sun itself. With a determined thrust, Pan lunged forward, the Leaf Blade cleaving through the air towards Yanmega. The attack struck the Bug/Flying-type with breathtaking precision, eliciting a resounding impact that echoed through the arena. Joshua's points plummeted by another one-third as the combined might of the Solar Beam's energy and Pan's Leaf Blade took its toll.

As the seconds ticked away, the timer signaled the end of the battle. The stadium erupted in cheers and applause, a celebration of Celeste's ingenious combinations and Pan's unwavering skill. With a perfect victory, Celeste emerged triumphant, her points untouched and her strategy unrivaled.

With her heart swelling with pride and accomplishment, Celeste stood on the contest stage, the ribbon held delicately in her hands. The vibrant colors of the lilac and purple ribbons beautifully intertwined around the golden bell with a crown, creating a visual masterpiece that gleamed under the spotlight. Admiration filled her gaze as she traced the intricate details of the ribbon. It wasn't just a token of victory; it was a symbol of her hard work, her determination, and the powerful bond she shared with her pokemon. Dolos and Pan stood beside her, radiating their own sense of achievement.

She held the ribbon close to her heart, a tangible reminder of how much she had grown as a coordinator.

As the cheers continued, Celeste's thoughts drifted to the Grand Festival, the pinnacle of coordinator competitions. With this ribbon in her possession, she was now only one step away from her dream. A radiant smile graced her lips as she imagined the possibilities that awaited her. With a renewed sense of purpose, Celeste raised the ribbon high above her head, the ribbon's colors danced in the spotlight, a triumphant gesture that mirrored her determination.