Interlude V: Drako's P.O.V

The blinding light of the sun had me closing my eyes as soon as I was released from my Poke Ball. Looking around I noticed that Nephele and Ladon were missing. "Who is that Altaria?" Aoelus asked, glaring daggers at the blue-scaled dragon laughing alongside Ladon. If I had not been so shocked to see my Thunder-mate laughing with someone other than a Thunder member, I would have been snickering at how noticeable was Aoelus' jealousy.

"Why is that Altaria not golden like our Alpha? Is she sick?" Bruce tilted his head and asked innocently. In moments like this I realize how young Bruce truly was, he has gotten so big and strong that I sometimes forget that Bruce came from a pokemon egg Ash had hatched.

"No, Alpha is simply special," I decided to focus and answer Bruce's question first. "She is what humans call a shiny pokemon, they are born with a different fur or scale tone than their species. With Altarias a shiny pokemon is born with golden scales rather than blue scales."

"Oh... Alpha is prettier," Bruce stated, not sounding that interested in all the science talk. Which was ok, as everyone has different likes and dislikes. But his deadpan tone made me laugh. "Still, how does she know Alpha and big brother Ladon."

Aeolus growled, glaring threateningly towards said Altaria. "Yes, how does she know him? I mean them! How does she know them?!"

I snorted at how obvious Aeolus was being. "Smooth, you sounded quite convincing."

"Shut up!" Aeolus seethed, turning towards me with a growl.

I raised an eyebrow at the pseudo-legendary dragon. He might be able to match Ladon when it comes to raw power in a way that none of us can, not even Alpha. But I still have years of training and experience on him, not to mention he had not achieved his last evolution that long ago. I can and will take him on if he keeps on that attitude. Even Nephertite could match him now if she pushed herself, she was a pseudo-legendary pokemon as well... Arceus Ash has three pseudo-legendaries! Our Thunder has three pseudo-legendaries! We are awesome!

Shaking my head, I focused on the issue at hand. "You are normally quite a sweet dragon... unless it involves Ladon. Then you become quite the territorial dragon. But it's not like you have any right to be territorial, it's not like you've taken him as your mate."

"It's not that easy," Aeolus looked away with an embarrassed flush. "He is the second-in-command of the Thunder and I'm just a newcomer, the penultimate to joing the Thunder."

I sighed and shook my head at how idiotic the two pseudo-legendaries in our Thunder were behaving. Even Ladon was whining about how handsome Aeolus looked and how unfair it was that he could not make the first move because it would be an abuse of power from his part as the second-in-command. I was happy that Ladon was taking his position quite seriously, but come on! "Stop whining and act like the dragon you are! You like him, tell him and get it over with. What's the worst he can say? No?"

"That is terrifying!" Aeolus complained, pouting like a hatchling. "I love him... but he..."

Arceus kill me now! I complained internally. Judgment sounds perfect right now.

"Guys! I have someone very important for you to meet," Ash appeared before us smiling. My heart felt all warm and complete as I looked at his Sunflora smile, the same smile that became the light of my way ever since I became part of the Thunder. I was so happy to have been chosen by Ash and Nephele, after being ignored by all the other students, that I could have cried. I know now that the other had been waiting for Ash to come and get me, but back then I had felt so bad and deserted. However, when Ash had appeared before me with his Sunflora smile it had been all forgotten and I had felt ready to burst in happiness. "This is Wilma, she is coach tutor from the Village of Dragons back in Unova." I raised an eyebrow at that, impressed as the Village of Dragons was legendary back in Unova. "She moved to Sinnoh about four years ago and looked over Ladon for a little while."