The Rock Gym

As Ash and Celeste made their way from the bustling streets of Oreburgh City towards the Oreburgh Gym, Ash's nervousness became palpable. He fidgeted with the strap of his backpack and ran a hand through his unruly hair, his brows furrowed with worry.

Celeste, noticing Ash's unease, sidled up to him with a gentle smile. "Hey, Ash," she began, her voice soft and reassuring. "I know it can be nerve-wracking to face your first Gym battle, but remember how I felt before your first Contest? I was nervous too, right?"

Ash's eyes widened, and he nodded sheepishly. "Yeah, you were pretty nervous back then," he admitted, a slight blush coloring his cheeks. "But you looked so confident on stage, Celeste. How did you manage to shake off the nerves?"

Celeste chuckled, a playful glint in her eyes. "Well, Ash, the secret is to remember that it's all about having fun," she said, her voice brimming with enthusiasm. "Once I stepped onto the stage, the excitement took over. The energy of the crowd, the bond with my pokemon—it all blended into this incredible feeling of pure joy."

Ash's shoulders relaxed a little as he absorbed her words. "Fun, huh?" he murmured, a hint of a smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "I guess I forgot that sometimes, with all the pressure to win and prove myself."

Celeste nudged him gently with her elbow. "Don't worry about winning or proving anything, Ash," she said, her voice filled with sincerity. "Just focus on the experience, the thrill of the battle, and the connection you have with your pokemon. Trust me, it makes all the difference."

Ash's eyes met Celeste's, gratitude evident in his gaze. "Thanks, Celeste," he said, his voice earnest. "I needed that reminder. Let's go have fun at the Gym! I'm ready to show them what we've got!"

With renewed determination, Ash straightened his posture and marched towards the Oreburgh Gym, his earlier nervousness replaced with an eagerness to embrace the challenge ahead. Celeste fell into step beside him, her infectious enthusiasm matching his own. The nerves that had once gripped Ash began to fade, replaced by the anticipation of the battle that awaited him. The Oreburgh Gym may have been a Rock-type specialist, but Ash knew that with Celeste by his side, they had the strength and determination to overcome any challenge.

Roark, the Oreburgh Gym Leader, greeted Ash and Celeste with a friendly smile as they entered the gym. He accepted Ash's challenge for a gym battle, his eyes filled with a mix of curiosity and anticipation.

"So, Ash, where are you from?" Roark asked, his tone carrying a sense of genuine interest.

Ash straightened his posture, a glimmer of excitement in his eyes. "I was born in Pallet Town, from the Kanto Region," he replied with youthful enthusiasm. "But I moved to Unova to attend the Opelucid Academy."

Roark's surprise was evident as he nodded in acknowledgement. "Opelucid Academy? Impressive," he remarked, his voice reflecting admiration. "That's quite the prestigious institution. Only the most dedicated students make it there, and even fewer graduate. You both should be proud of your achievement."

Celeste beamed at the praise, her eyes shining with a sense of accomplishment. "Thank you, Roark," she said, her voice filled with a mixture of humility and excitement. "We worked really hard to earn our diplomas. It was an incredible experience, and it taught us so much about pokemon, contests, and battling."

Roark's gaze shifted between Ash and Celeste, a glimmer of respect shining in his eyes. "Well, it's an honor to have an Opelucid Academy graduate challenging me," he responded, his tone carrying a touch of authority. "I'm excited to see what you are capable of. Let's make this battle memorable!"

As the trio made their way to the battlefield, excitement coursed through the air. Ash and Roark took their positions on opposite sides, their eyes locked in determined anticipation, while Celeste took a seat as the expectator. The referee's voice boomed across the gym, signaling the beginning of the battle between Ash and Roark. Celeste held her breath in anticipation, eager to witness the clash between these two formidable trainers. The rules were set, a 2 vs 2 battle where only Ash, as the challenger, could recall his pokemon. Roark wasted no time and called forth his Geodude, a stalwart Rock-type pokemon, while Ash sent out Nephertite. The battle had begun.