°56

I wish love was perfect as love itself
I wish all my weaknesses could be hidden

"Jisung? What are you doing here sweetheart?" Sohye asked, furrowed brows as she peered outside

"Hi Mrs Min," he breathed out quickly, trying to glance inside for any sign of the girl. "Is Seri here?"

Sohye, confusedly glanced up at him.
"Seri? She was at her friend's house, why?"

Jisung's gut sank and he shook his head and quickly bowed as he hurried towards his car, leaving the woman shocked and confused.

"Where are you?" He muttered to himself, racking his brain for anywhere he could think of, anything.

He was worried like hell, mind racing a thousand miles per hour and it felt like he was being sent into overdrive.

Jisung pushed harder on the pedal, his car speeding up a little above the limit as he frantically looked around.

Unfortunately to his dismay, he was forced to stop due to a red light and the rage accumulated with frustration grew in him.

"Fuck," he cursed out, fist balled up as he leaned his head back on the head rest. "You're such an idiot Jisung." He groaned, running a hand over his face as all he could think about was her.

The hurt gleaming in her big brown eyes and the tears that rolled down her cheeks.

She was okay, right?

°

Barely.

The girl was practically gripping onto the rails of the swing tight in her hands as it it would somehow magically hold together her heart.

She sighed as her red, puffy eyes stared mindlessly at the burnt orange sunset forming in front of her.

Head leaning against the swing railing, letting out slow breaths she had become accustomed to over the years to calm herself down.

The girl watched the innocent giggling of the children running around the park, the boy chasing the young girl in pigtails with a bug in his hand.

She let out a small breathy scoff, amused at the two- watching as their faces lit up in pure bliss.

They had no concept of emotional pain, the hardships that came with growing up.
Seri began to feel nostalgic, watching as they caught their breaths yet their hearts rushing with the pure adrenaline and drive.

She wondered where time had gone so quickly, the girl who was new to the world of adulthood yet she felt as though she had experienced it all.

In actual fact, she knew so little.

Her adulthood had only just began, the thrills and heartbreaks that were yet to come.

"We'll be friends forever right?" The girl asked, frown pending on her lips as the boy played mindlessly.