°20

"She won't stop crying!" Seri huffed, rocking the baby in the middle of a hallway, exclaiming to the boy who walked down the hallway as she sent him a desperate text

Seri was at her wits end, wanting to pull her hair out or throw the whole baby away and it was only week 4 and there was 8 more to go.

Over the course of the 4 weeks together, Jisung was still slightly awkward and Seri was still the open confident girl she was.

They weren't exactly overly close but they were good friends now, they did have to look after a baby together.

"Do you want me to take her?" He asked, looking down at the girl who looked like she was about to cry and she nodded desperately.

"Only until lunch, I have a lot of work to catch up on but it's okay if you're busy-"
"No, no it's fine." He interrupted, reaching his hands out for her to give over Seji.

"I'm really sorry Sung, I didn't want to bother you because I know you looked after her yesterday... promise it's only until lunch."

Jisung's deep awkward chuckle vibrated in his chest and into the semi quiet air, shaking his head and taking the doll.

"It's fine, we're both responsible after all." He muttered, watching as she still looked up at him guiltily but nodded.

"Thank you." She sighed exhausted yet she picked up her discarded bag and turned back to the boy who was patting the baby on the back.

"See you later?" She asked, refering to the lunch time with a crinkle of her nose that sent his heart soaring and he nodded, lowering his head to the doll so the reddened cheeks weren't apparent.

°
It had been a few days since and Seri heard the shrilling sound of the doll crying and she gritted her teeth, clutching her own tighter as she tried to concentrate.

"Baby!" Sihyeon exclaimed out, picking it up and bouncing up and down happily. "Why is baby crying?"

"I'm not sure Yeon." Seri muttered nonchalantly as she tried to complete her work.
Ever so often, Seri would check her phone if Jisung had miraculously replied seeing as he was meant to take Seji a day ago.

Beanstalk 🌱

Are you looking after her today? You promised yesterday
Are you ignoring me???

PARK JISUNG

Dude seriously?

.......

Is everything okay?

I can drop her off if you can't get her

Seri sighed loudly, groaning at the sound that wouldn't stop and she ran a hand over her face- shushing Seji as Sihyeon ran out of the room.

"Don't worry, I'll take you to your Dad seeing as you love to burst my freaking eardrums." Seri muttered, pulling on her sweater and grabbing the car keys before exiting the house.

The drive to his house was shorter than she remembered and her eyes kept flickering over to the phone on the passengers seat, hopeful he would reply.

"Please be quiet." She begged, wanting to throw herself out of the window at this point and the stress of it washed over her piled up with homework.

Her car came to a halt, engine dying down as she peered at Jisung's house which had only one room light on- the living room she guessed.

Sighing, she checked her phone again.

Beanstalk 🌱

I'm outside
Come get your babyyyy

Please

Hello??????????????

Jisung can you at least read the messages or

Okay cool

I'm coming anyway

She unbuckled her seatbelt, the car door shutting echoing through the deadly quiet streets and getting the realistic looking doll out, she began to walk to the door.

I can't lie I have been really stuck on this book