She tears me out of my observation by walking out of the kitchen with a cup of coffee in her small hand. "Sorry, that took longer than I inte-"

The next second I see how she gets stuck with her slipper on the corner of the carpet and stumbles forward. I watch her stumbling as if in slow motion, but I can't do anything about it anymore, because the cup in her hand is already being emptied onto me. The hot liquid comes into contact with the right side of my chest, which immediately burns like hell. I startle jumping up out of my seat and try to keep my shirt away from my chest, so it doesn't have to struggle with the heat anymore but unfortunately, this is all in vain, so I quickly pull my shirt over my head without another thought. I touch my chest carefully, which has already turned red.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry!" she apologizes, raising her hands to feel the skin on my chest before pulling them back when I hiss in pain and she clutches her mouth. "Does it hurt bad? I'll bring you a pack of ice now!" she runs into the kitchen and disappears out of my sight for a short time where I can hear her cursing while she drops some utensils. I sit back down on the sofa, resting my head back on the backrest. I spread my legs and close my eyes, the stinging sensation being the only thing I'm conscious of.

"Here," she says softly and places the cold pack on my chest, which at first is painful but soon the pain disappears and is soothed. "I'm so clumsy. I'm really sorry."

I didn't even notice that she had sat down next to me on the sofa, her face now too close to my chest while she is examining the burned area with blushed cheeks. "Don't worry, you didn't do it on purpose. It can happen to anyone, plus it doesn't hurt as much now thanks to the ice you brought." 

She lifts her gaze to look at me and our faces become so close for the first time. I can catch every little detail of her face, her chocolate brown eyes sparkling with concern, her lips she moistens with her tongue, and even the little mole above her perfectly shaped right eyebrow. She clears her throat and straightens herself up, gulping because of my intense stare and I have to smile at that. It's really cute to see her getting embarrassed and shy by the little eye contact we just shared. 

"I'm gonna go look for a shirt for you to wear because I messed up yours." With that, she gets up quickly without looking me in the eye and leaves the living room again. We haven't even had a proper conversation yet. Wow, Jungkook, you sure got the moves. 

She comes back with a grey short-sleeved shirt in her hand, handing it over to me. When I realize that it's a man's shirt, I get disappointed straight away but try to hide any facial impression that would show it. Does she have a boyfriend? Somehow I'm so disappointed by the thought that she's already taken, but what was I even thinking. A woman this gorgeous can't possibly be single.What if he comes home any minute and catches us like this? I don't think we're in a very decent position and I really don't want to get punched. Not after I've already been slapped in the face by her.

"It's okay, I'll just put my own shirt on. I don't want your boyfriend asking about his," I say raising both of my eyebrows while trying to kill my curiosity in a more inconspicuous way.

She just chuckles still embarrassed about the coffee incident and goes. "Don't worry, you can put it on." which I assume means she has a boyfriend because she hasn't denied it. 

I put on the shirt she gave me and get up to go back to my workshop because I no longer want to stay in her apartment due to the possible fact of her having someone special in her life. I mean, I wouldn't like it either if my girlfriend was in such a mess with a random guy in our apartment, even though they wouldn't do anything wrong, even though the guy was just trying to be nice, because yes, I'm that jealous type of guy. And I have had a bad personal experience in the past.

"Are you leaving already?"

"Actually, I have some work to finish so I'm afraid I have to leave. Thank you very much for the coffee, even if I couldn't drink it," I smile at her even though I'm a little upset about the fact that she may have a boyfriend. And I don't know why I'm so pissed off that we didn't even get a chance to talk since I want to leave right away. Her boyfriend is one lucky asshole. I guess she caught my attention so damn much that I really thought I could have a chance to get to know her. 

I don't even have to guess that she has caught my attention because apparently she really did. I ended up volunteering yesterday and singing a song that reminded me of her. Bringing back her phone doesn't change the fact that I don't have a chance to win her over and tempting her out of her relationship is just not how I usually go about it. I should have just dropped her phone in the mailbox or left it outside the door, rang the bell, and then left. 

She accompanies me, walking closely behind me to the front door, where she then stops leaning against the door before I turn around to say goodbye and thank her again.

"I would like to thank you for bringing me my phone. And for the trophy too, I'm still of the opinion that it belongs to you," she smiles. "I also apologize for practically burning you. I was not even able to offer you anything as an apology," she shakes her head with a guilty look lingering on her beautiful features. 

"Please don't feel guilty for this, I think karma has punished me somehow for my mistake yesterday," I say with a chuckle and she shakes her head again in denial furrowing her eyebrows. "Actually I still have something for you."

I take a small card out of my front pocket which has the address of my repair shop on it. I know it's not right to expect her to come by at any time, but I just can't help it at this moment. Every small chance to see her again has to be taken. And I know I said that I'm not going to tempt her or anything but I just have to it give to her. I can still help her out if she is in need of anything.

"What is this?" she asks as she slowly takes the card out of my hand, her warm touch grazing my fingers. 

"This is the address to my workshop. If you need anything, you know where to find me. Please feel free to stop by if your car breaks down or you are in need of anything else. I would be more than happy to help you." Her eyes meet mine in surprise, yet she thanks me in a small voice.

"Bye," I whisper. 

"Bye."

And with that, she slowly closes the door, leaving me no choice but to think about whether I'll ever see her again. 

______________

A/N: I hope you liked that embarrassing yet funny moment between Jungkook and Elaine😂
Also, don't be upset about how short their conversation was.