Part 8

Jungkook

I don't like coffee. Actually, I hate coffee.

I always have to pull a face when I drink coffee and now she is inviting me to have one. I should have just said that I just want a glass of water or something, that would have been enough to get invited in, right? Well, I'll have to endure the unbearable bitter taste, because a conversation with her is worth that much to me, besides it's too late anyway because I'm just being let into her apartment right now. To be honest, I don't even know why I was so excited when she offered me something to drink, such that I accepted the offer without thinking straight, I didn't even expect that she would accept my apology. At least that's a positive sign. 

As I walk past her, a hint of her enticing scent flows through my nostrils, the mixture of vanilla and wild berries is enough to drive me out of my focus. While walking I overlook one of her shoes, which she has neatly left at the entrance, and I trip a few steps forward. A soft giggle echoes in my ears and I could really kick myself for my clumsiness at this moment. I slowly turn around with a nervous smile as I scratch my neck with my left hand. Such an embarrassing moment can only happen to me, of course, but that way I could listen to her giggling which is the most beautiful music to my ears already. 

"I'm so sorry, it wasn't intentional," I apologize before kneeling down to carefully put the flipped shoes back in their original place.

"No, don't worry, it's all right," she says still smiling genuinely, and takes the shoes out of my hands before I can put them away. That smile of hers that I couldn't get out of my mind since last night. Eyes crinkled with joy, so pure and beautiful. 

She leads me into her living room, whereupon I take my shoes off first making my way over to her sofa. Before I sit down I remove my jacket to put it on the armrest beside me. Luckily I only put on a T-shirt underneath, the embarrassing situation, and her presence made me sweat so much that I would have loved to take off all my clothes. 

"I–if it's okay, I'll just leave you here for a minute so I can make the coffee?" she asks, I can see her gulping as she glances at my arm, causing her to blush out of shyness and that's when I realize that she is seeing my tattoos for the first time. I didn't know that a sleeve tattoo could make her so flustered, even though I know that most women are attracted to my tattoos, always saying it makes me more attractive than I already am which boots my confidence, of course.

"Yeah, sure, no problem," is the only thing I can say while smirking out of satisfaction. 

Once she's left the living room to prepare the evil drink, I have a look around her apartment. Surely I don't violate her privacy, but try to analyze everything from my seat on the sofa. Her taste in decorations is kept very simple, as she has few but modern and elegant pieces of furniture. In general, everything is kept very mature, there are only a few pictures of her with her family or friends hanging on the walls. 

On a shelf, she has put all her books together with some DVDs. The choice of colors for the furniture and walls is quite luminous, giving the living room as a whole a very high-quality and clean impression. I could guess that she is an interior designer or something similar to that since there are also other decorative objects in the room, such as a small statue and a large canvas, the content of which making no sense to me but is probably worth a lot of money.