Just Another Bad Boy (57)

Start from the beginning

It's like the ground is crumbling underneath my feet
Won't you save me?
There's gonna be a monsoon when you get back to me, oh, baby

I'm missing you so much
Can't help it, I'm in love
A day without you is like a year without rain
I need you by my side
Don't know how I'll survive
A day without you is like a year without rain
Whoa, oh, whoa

So let this drought come to an end
And make this desert flower again
I'm so glad you found me
Stick around me,
Baby baby baby oooh

It's a world of wonder with you in my life
So hurry, baby, don't waste any more time
I need you here, I can't explain
But a day without you is like a year without rain (oh, whoa)

I'm missing you so much
Can't help it, I'm in love
A day without you is like a year without rain
I need you by my side
Don't know how I'll survive
A day without you is like a year without rain
Whoa, oh, whoa

Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Everyone cheers loudly and begins to chant. Chase smiles at me, and I know it's because he was aware that he was the inspiration for me when writing that song.

I smile, accepting everyone's attempt at getting me to sing another song, instead of singing a song that I wrote, I decide on "A Thousand Years", again it seemed pretty accurate for Blake and Olive's relationship.

After the song I stand down, promising the begging crowd that I would get back up later. Jake says his speech and everyone laughs practically the whole way through it, typical Jake.

After eating, it was finally time to dance. I had to admit, I was really excited to dance with Chase. I felt like the day had been so rushed that I hadn't really had the chance to just enjoy the day with Chase and my best friends.

Olive and Blake have their dance, while they do, Perfect by Ed Sheeran plays. Once the song ends it was time for the Bride and her father to dance, and the groom and his mother. I can't really say I'm surprised though when Blake holds out his hand for me to take instead of our mother.

Everything was great with mom and dad now, but the fact is, for a really long time it was just Blake and I against the world, and I think that my mother understood that and therefore encouraged Blake when he asks me to dance with him, when he's traditionally supposed to dance with our mother.

Jake was now holding a happy Alex in his arms, probably just as happy as Alex.

The song "You're My Best Freind" by Queen plays and I giggle a little as Blake and I sway slowly to the rather upbeat song.

"You're married now," I smile up at my older brother who meant so much to me.

"I guess I am, but you better still hang out with me. Just because I'm married and have a kid doesn't mean I'm old and boring," Blake grins.

I laugh at him; "I'm pretty sure that's exactly what it means."

***

It was now 3:30am and we were just leaving the reception. Blake and Olive had gone off on their honeymoon and my mother was watching Alex and Ava tonight so Chase and I could be alone. While Olive and Blake were on their honeymoon for 2 weeks, Chase and I were on Alex duty and I was really excited to spend more time with the gorgeous child. Ava absolutely adored her as well. Lucky for us it was now college break so we didn't have to worry about studies while watching the kids.

"Let's go to the hill," Chase suggests suddenly.

"Why?" I ask.

"Let's watch the sunrise. We haven't in ages." he replies.