Just Another Bad Boy (57)

Start from the beginning

"I, Olive Taylor, take you, Blake Reynolds, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; until death do us part."

"You may kiss your bride"

Everyone cheers, Jake covers Alex's eyes from beside me, once again earning a laugh from everyone.

"Everyone is invited to the reception dinner in the Ashtonville royal botanical gardens, we hope to see you all there." The celebrant finishes.

Everyone stands up for pleasantries, I feel a presence beside me and instantly know it's Chase from the way my body reacts to him.

"You have no idea how much I'd love to rip that dress off you right now. Fucking photos." He whispers.

I feel myself get warm and I swat his chest.

"Alex is literally right here!" I reply, gesturing to the child on my hip.

"I think she agrees with me," Chase smirks. I face Alex and can't help but laugh when I see her cheesy smile, putting her arms out for Chase to take her.

I pass her to Chase just as Ava approaches us.

"You look so pretty Ally," Ava gushes, hugging me tightly.

"Thank you beautiful, you look gorgeous, did Bella do your hair?" I ask the smiling 6-year-old.

"Yep, I just wanted to leave though." She groans.

I laugh as she hugs Chase.

"Alright baby girl, we have to do pictures but we'll see you at the reception. Dean and Bella are going to bring you," Chase directs, Ava nods excitedly, she never hid how much she loved spending time with Bri and Dean because they let her eat and drink whatever she wanted, and they also always watched Disney movies and played games with her.

"Love you Ally and Chasey, I'll see you soon," Ava enthuses as she skips over to Bella and Dean.

"Alright guys, we need to do photos," Olive pulls me away from my thoughts. I smile, nodding as I follow her into the limo so we can get to our first destination.

***

"I am aware that the maid of honor will be singing instead of making a speech," the celebrant smiles, "please welcome to the stage, maid of honor and sister of the groom, Allison Reynalds."

My heart beats quickly, Chase gives me a comforting smile and I walk up the stage.

"Um, hi everyone. This is a song that I wrote a while ago, and I think it described the dynamic between Olive and Blake pretty well," I smile nervously. Chase grins and sticks up his thumbs and everyone cheers.

The music begins to play and I begin singing the song I named "A Year Without Rain";

Ooh ooh ooh

Ooh ooh ooh

Can you feel me
When I think about you?
With every breath I take
Every minute
No matter what I do

My world is an empty place
Like I've been wandering the desert
For a thousand days (oh)
Don't know if it's a mirage
But I always see your face, baby

I'm missing you so much
Can't help it, I'm in love
A day without you is like a year without rain
I need you by my side
Don't know how I'll survive
A day without you is like a year without rain
Whoa, oh, whoa

The stars are burning
I hear your voice in my mind (voice in my mind)
Can't you hear me calling?
My heart is yearning
Like the ocean that's running dry
Catch me, I'm falling