38

"Ariel? Get up! We have someone who wants to meet you." Irina threw a pillow at me causing me to wake up.

"Get ready in 5 and come to the living room." She said before leaving. What could be so important?

I showered in a minute and threw on some loose pants and Ricardo's shirt. It was all that could fit me now, as I was close to 7 months.

I went downstairs, and to the living room. Walking in, I see that the room is filled with many people.

Their faces light up as I walk in, and they all seemed surprised.

But they were just unfamiliar faces - I didn't know anyone there.

I could see Ricardo standing in the back of the room looking pissed off.

Everyone caved in to hug me, as I panicked.

"Ariel, we've missed you so much." A man, probably in his 60's hugs me.

"Darling, don't ever run away from us again. Oh, your pregnant?" A woman about the same age also hugs me but is taken aback by my stomach.

I narrow my eyes and try to recognise the bunch of faces, but I can't.

"And you are?"

They looked at me with shocked faces, before laughing.

"It hasn't even been that long." A young man, probably in his 20's jokes. He looked about the same age as me, but what made my heart drop was that we also shared similar features.

He had my jet black hair, and my green eyes.

"Who are you?" I repeated myself, and took a step back to see all of their faces drop.

***Ricardo***

I could see the panic on her face, and she backed away from her family and hid behind my shoulder.

"What's wrong with her?" I heard someone whisper.

"What have you done to her, boy?" Her uncle asked with anger and concern.

"Everybody sit down." I ordered.

"No I'm not going to sit down." He replied sternly.

"This is my house and you'll do as I say." I clenched my jaw, and he sat down before everyone else followed.

"When Ariel woke up from her coma...she had a lot of injuries from the people who took her. She has memory loss." I heard a bunch of murmurs and whispers around the room.

"Nonsense. You're lying." Her uncle said in disbelief.

"He's telling the truth father." Irina spoke up.

"So my daughter doesn't remember anything, and she's pregnant and you didn't even bother to tell her family?" He asked.

"You didn't fucking tell us? I bet this was all your plan. You got her pregnant and made this all up." He frantically accused before somebody else walked in.

"I believe my som, Chase." Our attention is turned to my father.

"Father?" I asked and walked up to him. The last time I had seen him was when Ariel escaped, and I avoided him in case he tried to interfere with me and Ariel.

"I'm here." He gave me a reassuring look and patted my back before turning to Chase.

I didn't know why my father was being so understanding all of a sudden, and I looked over at Rocco in confusion.

He gave me a small smile, letting me know that it was all his doing. I smiled back and nodded my head.

"She's coming back home with us." Chase snatched Ariel's arm and pulled her towards him.

That's what fanned the flames of my fire.

"Don't fucking touch her." I growled before throwing a punch at his face. I took Ariel and pushed her behind me.

My father held Chase Black back to calm him down and talk to him.

I turned to look for Ariel, to grab her hand but she was gone.

***Ariel***

I didn't understand why everyone was fighting over me. But then again, I didn't understand a lot of things.

Were those people my family?

I really had a family?

The fighting scared me, because of my baby and I didn't want to be in the room anymore.

I slipped out while everyone was yelling, and went upstairs towards the balcony. The fresh breeze calmed me down, and made me feel safe.

But I couldn't help but worry over everything.

Who was I really?

Was I a killer?

Where was I born?

Who are my parents?

***Ricardo***

She might have needed some air, I thought as my father turned to me.

He took me aside after talking to the Blacks.

"Ricardo, I understand this is hard for you. But I'm here, I'm on your side."

"Get them out of my house if they're going to disrespect me." I growled.

"I've talked with them, and we all came to the agreement that they could stay here for a few days and spend time with Ariel. But they can't take her."

"Like hell. They aren't staying in my house, and that's final." I replied.

"You really love Ariel, right? Then you would have to deal with her family too." He lectured, but I realised he was right.

I gave him a nod, and he went to Ariels family to show them to their rooms.

What I didn't see was that there was a stranger within them.

A young man, with light brown hair followed them.

"Who's he?" I asked them and gestured towards the man.

"This is Colton, Ariel's fiancè."