7

***Riccardo POV***

We were close, but not enough.

My jacket almost touched her body, and when I moved his hand behind her, I noticed her chest had stopped rising.

I noticed two lasers- one on her forehead and one on mine. I already knew what those lasers meant, and quickly grabbed and dropped Ariel to the ground as we missed the gunshots.

Her eyes widened and we both got up and found cover as we prepared our weapons. The whole room of mobsters outside the hallway started to get their guns out and rushed around to see what was going on.

"Somebody's trying to kill us." I pulled my handgun out and started shooting at the masked men that lunged towards us. Irina ran up and viciously shot the men, handing Ariel a machine gun.

"Who would mess with us?" Ariel said as she assaulted the men who dared to attack her.

"I don't know, but let's get out of here." I said as the three of us ran out of the exit and onto the now empty street.

Ariel turned back and looked inside, squinting her eyes. "You guys go, I'll be right back." She headed back towards the hall before Irina protested.

"I'm not leaving you."

"Both of you go, I'll be fine!" Ariel said and Irina sighed as we left.

***Ariel POV***

I spotted somebody inside, the same masked person who tried to shoot me and Ricardo so I went in, to see who it is. People ran out of the hall screaming and yelling as I loaded up my machine gun and stormed inside. I roamed around the now silent hall, stepping over dead bodies as my heels clicked against the marble floor, echoing with each step.

The masked shooter tried shooting in my direction, but I was fast and dodged the bullets.

I ran towards the shooters direction and shot their feet as they fall to the ground. Pulling off the mask, revealing a 30 year old man I questioned him.

"Who sent you?" The man refused to speak before I smashed his nose, breaking it on impact and blood oozed down his face.

"Answer me." I spoke through clenched teeth and grabbed him by the collar.

"They're coming for you two." He smirked and then laughed before his lousy attempt to punch me backfired. I wasn't in the mood for laughter.

I lifted up his trembling hand, too weak to hit back. Gripping my knife I sliced his finger off.

I didn't get far with the rest of them and turned my head, hearing rapid footsteps.

"Aw, and I had big plans for you." I pouted and tapped his nose, his cries making the footsteps even louder.

10 more attackers came my way. I got my knives and threw them, stabbing 4 in their necks. The other 6 tried drawing their guns but before they could, I put a bullet in between their eyes.

A roomful of men ran in to shoot but I lifted the man on the ground and used him as a human shield. I threw him to the ground, shooting the rest of the men mercilessly with my machine gun as they dropped to the floor like bugs.

I exhaled when the room turned so silent, you could hear a pin drop. Sighing, I fixed a strand over my hair and reloaded my machine gun.

Reloading my machine gun,

I swiftly strolled towards the exit before more men ran towards me. They kept coming in like ants and I held on to the trigger, not letting go as I killed each man with precision.

I had to get out of this place fast, so I spoke into my earpiece. "Is anybody there?"

I hear the sudden roar of an engine and I turn around to see Ricardo on a motorbike, waiting. I didn't hesitate before jumping on. "A harley?"

"I'll throw you off this bike."

I wrapped my arms around his rock hard body as we drove off into the darkness.

*************************************************

***Ariel POV***

"Someone is trying to kill us." I said as Gianni and my uncle I paced around his office.

"But who?" Gianni asked in confusion.

"We don't know yet, but I tried getting some answers from one of them. He said 'they're coming'." I gestured my fingers to make quotation marks.

Our attention was turned to the guard who entered the office.

"Boss, I found one alive and we took him down to the cells." My uncle nodded his head before his guard left.

I pushed everyone, Ricardo and my uncle out of my way as I ran to the door. I could hear them following but didn't care, I needed answers and now.

By the time I got to the basement using the stairs, the rest; Gianni and my uncle had arrived in the elevator.