31

I rolled around in my bed, trying to get to sleep. I turned to face Ariel, who lay next to me. Her heart monitor beeped with every heartbeat, and instead of getting irritated by the sound, I liked it. I liked the proof that she's still alive.

I scanned her beautiful features and placed my hand on her baby bump, hoping to feel something, even a kick. Nothing.

I sighed and stroked her hair, before falling asleep.

************
*beep* *beep*

I woke up to annoying sound of my phone, and switched it on.

6 missed calls from Luca

I phoned Luca back.

"Called me Luca?"

"Yes, I need you to come to the warehouse."

There was urgency in his tone.

"What is it?"

"It's about the footage you asked for."

"I'm on my way." I shut the call and got up to get dressed and go to the warehouse. The maids and dr Bruno were to take care of Ariel, and my house was heavily guarded by my most trusted men.

*********************************************
"Did you find out who is was?" I asked as I walked into the warehouse and headed towards the security office as Luca walked next to me.

It had been 4 days since Ariel came home, and those 4 days I got my men working hard to find out who took Ariel.

"I've got the footage." Luca said, as we walked into the security office and he switched on one of the screens.

The footage showed a car chasing Ariels. The men in the car were masked, and were shooting at her.

"She killed one of them." I said with excitement, and pride. That's my fiancée, the deadliest woman in the world.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I watched the camera swivel and crash.

Luckily, the camera was still facing them.

The masked men got out of their black car and one of them grabbed Ariel by the hair and threw her to the ground.

"Bow to me." One of them spat, my fists clenching in anger.

"Fuck you."

"BOW TO ME" the man got frustrated and yelled at her, lifting her up by the neck. Tears started forming in my eyes at the sight of her getting hurt, but I tried to hide them. My veins pumping with hot blood.

She spat onto the mans face and he got angry.

The rest was a terrible blur.

The man gave Ariel an injection and then removed his mask after she passed out. He looked familiar...

"Wait, Giovanni Mancini?" I clenched my jaw and looked at the screen with disbelief.

"The leader of the Mexicans?" Luca asked.

I punched the screen and smashed it into pieces.

"I'm going to kill him." I growled as I aleft the warehouse.

"Wait, boss." I turned around to see Luca, Silvano and Antonio running after me. "We're coming you." One of them yelled and we got into my car before Rocco ran out and sat inside.

"Me too." He said as he put his seatbelt on. I drove towards Giovanni Mancini's home, the fucker lives in Italy.

"Luca, call more of my men for backup. We don't know what we're walking into." I said as I drove quickly.

We arrived at Giovanni's house and I already started to fantasise the ways I would make him suffer.

"We'll go inside and look for Giovanni. If you find him, bring him to me alive." I ordered everyone and we snuck past the gates. The fucker didn't even have proper security guards, they were sleeping.

I prepared my gun and smashed the door open, dashing inside to look for Giovanni. His family were shocked and scared as we barged in.

"Tell us where Giovanni is and you won't get hurt." I snapped and someone pointed towards a door upstairs. We ran in, some men staying behind to make sure his family don't sneak up on us.

I slammed the door open, to see Giovanni sitting at his desk. One of my men grabbed him, and he tried to fight but they gagged and restrained him with chains and took him to the car. We drove back to my place and threw him in the basement, an area under my house that has cells.

"Torture him a bit, but make sure he doesn't die." I ordered a few of them and went upstairs. Rocco sat at the kitchen counter, typing on his phone as I sat down next to him to eat cereal.

"Ric, are you coming home at all?" Rocco asked as he put his phone away.

"I don't know." I shrugged. "If dad doesn't accept Ariel, probably never." I said so casually, pain in my voice.

Rocco sighed. "I know he will." He patted my back and left my house.

I went upstairs to my bedroom to check on Ariel. She was supposed to wake up from her coma in a few days, and about the baby? I was uncertain about my unborn child's fate, a feeling of doom in the pit of my heart.

How would Ariel react if she woke up and her child was gone? How would she react if our baby didn't make it?

I sat down in the seat, next to her and ran my hands through her hair.

I took a deep breath, before laying my head next to her shoulder, lightly so she wouldn't get hurt.

I admired her baby bump, wishing everything was normal so I could be there for her pregnancy. Deal with her mood swings, and fulfill all of her cravings. Lay my head on her stomach and talk to our child. Go shopping for baby clothes....

Even the most simplest things seemed so special.

But that bastard took everything away from me. He took my light away. And I will get my vengeance....

I got up and entered the elevator to go to the basement.

When I reached the cells, I asked the guard which cell was his.

"436 boss." He said and I stomped towards the cell.

"Wait outside." I ordered my men who were torturing Giovanni and they left the cell, closing the door.

I looked at him with anguish, his bloody face unrecognisable.

"Why did you do it?" I said, my jaw clenched.

He let out a chuckle before I said it again, with more force this time.

"You really don't know do you?" He smirked.

"What?" I growled.

"She fucking killed my brother. The bitch." He spoke with a sarky tone.

"Watch your fucking mouth." I spat before taking a giant metal hammer from the table next to me, and smashing it on his leg as he yelled in pain.

"Franco Mancini." He muttered.

I took a moment to try and recollect my thoughts. I had no idea who this Franco Mancini was, and I couldn't even ask Ariel.

I walked out of the door, turning back to say something. "I'll be back." I growled before leaving.

"Find out who Franco Mancini was to the Blacks and why he was killed. Contact the Blacks if you need to, but get it done by tonight." I ordered one of my men, Damien, before going back upstairs.