Ch 42 🍏

Finishing up our meal I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket

Finishing up our meal I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pull it out and see it from an email from the paternity place. I lean over and show it to Worth.

"If yall will excuse us for a few." Worth said getting up and pulling me from my chair and we walk upstairs to his office.

I am shaking all over. Worth closes the door and kisses my hands. "I need you to breathe. It's going to be ok."

"Will you open it for me and read it out loud Worth?" I said.

"You know I will." He takes my phone and sits me down in his chair behind his desk. He perched himself on top of it.

"The question of paternity in the case of Holland Kane and Daniel Rogers is 99.999999999 a match." Worth said.

"Oh my god, Daniel is my father." I cry and cover my face.

Worth jumps off the desk and gets down on his knees. "Sweetheart are you ok? Are those happy tears?" He asked.

I shake my head. "All my life all I wanted was someone to love me and I found you and in my wildest dreams I never would have thought my dad was here on the ranch that day." I sniff.

"How do you want to tell Daniel?" Worth asks.

"Ummm will you take me over there? I would rather tell him in person." I said.

"You got it whenever you are ready." He said.

"Will you text Derrick and tell him while I fix my face?" I ask.

"You got it, sweetheart." He said.

I walk back into my room to reapply some makeup and check my appearance. Holy cow how is Daniel, my father? It's so amazing.

Worth walks in. "Holls Derrick said to call him later and that's he's very happy for you."

"I don't want him to feel bad because he doesn't know who his dad is," I said.

"He was nothing but happy for you. I'm going to run downstairs and tell pops we got some things to do. Meet me down there ok?" Worth said.

"Ok, I'll be down in a few," I said.

I blow out a deep breath. Daniel will be as nervous as me. Everything will be fine I tell myself. I grab my purse and head downstairs.

Worth meets me at the bottom of the steps and we head out to his truck. He picks me up and lifts me into the truck.

After getting in himself and driving away from the ranch I ask him what he told his dad.

"Just that you had some errands to run that we would be back in a little while." Worth said.

"Do you think it's ok for us to just show up at Daniels?" I ask.

"Of course it is. Your his daughter you can show up whenever you want." He said.

"That sounds so weird to hear or say," I said.

Pulling up at Daniels little house he's outside swinging on the porch He smiles and waves at us.

"Hey, kids what brings you by?" He asks.

I open up my mouth to speak but I can't. I squeeze Worths hand.

"We have some news to share with you guys," Worth said.

"Hey, Nance get out here! Worth and Holland are here." Daniel said.

"Goodness gracious! Hey guys! I was making some sweet tea. You all want some?" Nancy asked.

"That would be lovely." I smile at her.

We make chit chat and small talk till Nancy returns.

"So what brings you guys by?" She asked.

"Well, we have some news," I said.

"Oh, gracious are you getting married?" Nancy asked.

"No, not yet." Worth smiles. "Holland here got some news this morning she wants to share."

I nervously bite my lip. "My brother Derrick pulled some strings and got our test results back quickly and I have them."

"Do you already know?" Nancy asked.

"I do. Worth read them to me earlier.  It's confirmed that you are my dad." I said

Daniel jumps up. "I am your dad?"

"Yes," I tear up.

Daniel grabs me and hugs me so tight that Worth was afraid he would break me.

I glance over at Nancy and she's crying too.

"I am so happy Holland! You had no idea how happy. I have a lot of making up to do for my little girl." Daniel cries.

I cry and continue to hug Daniel. "So your not upset?"

"Upset? No, I prayed you would be my daughter." Daniel wipes my tears off my face.

Worth claps his hands. "I think we need to celebrate. At least you guys come over to the ranch so you can tell everyone. I mean that is if you want to."

"I want to if Holland is ok with it," Daniel said.

"I'm ok with it. that way we won't have to retell it over and over" I laugh.

"We will be having dinner around 5 pm if yall are hungry. We kinda got up from the table and left our breakfast to come here." Worth laughs.

"We will be over in a little bit. I am so happy." Daniel smiles and hugs me again.

"Me too Daniel." I smile and wave bye to them.

Once back to the rance I asked for a little time alone. Worth agreed and went downstairs to tell the family that Holland had some news to share and that Daniel and Nancy were coming over.

Everyone was intrigued but were happy to hear the news.

An hour later Worth walked up to his room to find it empty. So he walked to the room Holland is staying in and opens the door slowly and sees me asleep on the bed.

He walks over to the bed and leans down and kisses my cheek and wipes my hair off my forehead. "Its time to wake up sweetheart."

I open my eyes and smile. "I'm sorry I dozed off. I needed a little time to myself." I said.

"You're fine Holls I have everyone ready. I told them that you have some news to share." Worth said.

"Boy do I ever. Let me go potty and freshen up. I'll be right back." I said.

Worth lays back on the bed. He cant figure out how he got so lucky with her in his life. Even though the relationship is fairly new there is no way he can live without her now.

I walk out of the bathroom and Worth jumps off the bed and kisses me. "You ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be." I sigh.