Ch 26 🍏

Arriving at work with a few minutes to spare we walk into the building to a smiling Travis

Arriving at work with a few minutes to spare we walk into the building to a smiling Travis. "Morning Ms. Kane, Mr. Maverick." He said.

"Morning Travis!" I smile at him.

Worth tips his hat while placing his hand on my back follow me to the elevator.

We get on the elevator with several people and Worth pulls me into his chest with his hands on my hips. He kisses my neck and the rest of the ride is silent.

I notice James stomping off the elevator. "Oops did you know he was on here Worth?" I ask.

"No, I was to busy kissing your neck." He chuckles.

"Oh well, I don't care," I said leaning back in for a kiss.

The elevator dings and the doors open to a smiling Sidney. "Good morning you two!" She said.

"Morning Sid." I smiled.

"I just need to lay down my stuff on my desk and I'll go to the conference room," I said.

"I'll go on in and talk to Derrick." Worth said.

"Ok, I'll just be a min then." She was over to her desk and Sid rushes in the office and closes the door.

"Ok, you look like someone who got some so spill it!" Sid said.

I giggle... "What gave it away?"

"The thoroughly fucked look?" Sid giggles... "So what's going on??"

"We really like each other Sid and it's more than just sex," I said.

Sidney's eyes got big. "Really?"

"I'm serious Sid I really want to see where this leads and Worth feels the same way. Ok, I gotta get in there so talk later. Ohh I may be late tomorrow because he is leaving." I said.

"Ok sounds good." She said.

I walk into the conference room and the guys are laughing.

"What's up, guys?" I said.

"Hey, Holls! Just guy talk." Derrick laughs.

"Oh no, you and girls at the bar again?" I ask.

"Of course but in my defense, I didn't know they were sisters." Derrick laughs.

"I don't even want to know Derrick," I said.

Worth laughs... "Yeah he won't be seeing them again I'm sure."

I roll my eyes... "So what do you have for me?" I ask.

"Not much just a few things to sign and a few things for you to look at before I file them away," Derrick said.

"Everything with Ryan is squared away isn't it?" I ask.

"Oh yeah, it is he signed it before he really read anything," Derrick said.

"I know he came in hot but I understand and his passion for his company that's why I changed my mind," I said.

Worth's phone rings... "Sorry guys." He gets up and walks out of the room. He walks back into the room with his phone. "Daniel I'm going to put you on speaker."

📞Hey Daniel! I told Worth when you get those preserves done I want to buy some.

📞Sure thing Holland!

📞Hey, Daniel didn't you tell me that you grew up in a small town in Tennessee?

📞Yeah, I did Worth.

📞Well so did Holland and Derrick.

📞Oh really? Yeah, I grew up in a small town called Paris.

📞No shit! Oh hi, I'm Derrick but that's where we grew up.

📞What? Really? Maybe I know your family.

📞Daniel, we grew up with our aunt Shelly Carr. Do you know her?

📞That name sounds familiar but maybe if I saw a picture. What is your mother's name?

📞Beth

📞Can't say I know her. Well kids here comes Nancy I better get busy. She thanks you for all of the makeup Emma brought some over.

📞She is more than welcome! Take care, Daniel!

📞You too Holland and Worth we will settle up when you get back. Nice to meet you, Derrick.

📞I'll be back tomorrow. Thanks, Daniel Bye!

"Such a small world that he grew up where you guys were raised. He may know your aunt Shelly if he saw her picture." Worth said.

"That is possible." I smile at him.

"I want some preserves." Derrick laughs.

"I'm only working half a day so we can spend time together before he leaves in the morning," I said.

"Ok, Sid, and I can hold it down." Derrick smiles.

Walking back to the office Sidney walks in with a big arrangement of flowers. "These came for you."

"Who are they from?" I ask already knowing.

"Not sure but here is a card," Sid said.

I take the card and read it. "Sid takes these back out in the lobby please I don't want them in here," I said.

"Who are they from sweetheart?" Worth asks.

"Who else?... Adam." I sigh.

Holly babe I miss you more than words could say and to see you with that guy made me jealous. I want you back just call me. Love Adam.

I rip it up and throw it in the trash. "I hate him so bad I don't understand why he would think I would settle for second best and after he cheated I could never trust him."

Worth walks up and puts his arm around me pulling me in for a hug. "Its ok sweetheart I know that you don't want him."

"I know because I want you Worth. I want to see where this goes and I'm serious." I look at him with tears in my eyes.

Worth kisses my lips lightly. "I want the same thing now come on don't let this get you done. Finish what you need to and we will head out." He said.

I smile at him and kiss him again. "Ok, I just need to set up a meeting or two then I'm free."

"I need to organize a flight while you do that." He said.

"Oh no, you don't! The jet is going to take you back Worth." I said.

"I can't let you do that Holland." He said shaking his head.

"Yes, you can because I'm going with you and then I'm going on to see Aunt Shelly before heading back since I didn't get to last time." I smiled.

"Ok, then I guess I don't need a flight." He laughs.

I arrange a couple of meetings for Friday. Incase I stay with Worth Wednesday night and with Aunt Shelly Thursday. If not I can push them around.

"I think I am ready to go. What do you want to do?" I ask him.

"I want to go back to that little diner for lunch and then we can decide." He said.

"Sounds good to me." I walk around the desk and grab him and kiss his lips. "Let's go!"