"Come with me, sir." A servant said to him, gesturing for him to follow.

    "To where..." The pirate questioned, unsure of the man.

    "To the front of course, the princess is expecting you to collect her for the first dance." The man responded, now slightly pulling Killian's arm to hurry him up.

Killian did as directed, getting a few weary looks as he was moved front and center. He had to admit it felt good standing in the front instead of hiding in the back.

    "I present to you Queen Snow and King David of Misthaven." The servant said as the doors swung open, revealing the King and Queen.

The crowd applauded as they walked down the staircase. Snow and David smiled as they made their way over to Killian greeting him with a hug and handshake.

    "I present to you Princess Emma of Misthaven." The servant said as the doors swung open once again, revealing the princess.

Killian watched as Emma made her way down the stairs, soaking in her beauty. Her ballgown hugged her figure perfectly, showing her curves, the low cut neckline teased him and her face radiated with beauty. He had to admit he never liked the color red until he saw it on her, perhaps it would be his new favorite color... It seemed as if she was walking in slow motion as she continued to make her way over to him, not that he minded, it gave him more time to stare.

    "Swan, you look-" Killian said as he began to bow.

    "I know..." She responded with a blush.

    "That's quite the crow you got their love." He said, staring at her tiara.

    "Planning on stealing it, captain?" Emma teased.

    "Why steal a crown when I could just steal you instead..." The pirate said with a wink.

The two of them began to dance, getting lost in each other's gaze and sharing a few laughs. Emma was surprised about how well Killian could dance, forgetting of his time in the royal navy. The King and Queen stood off to the side to watch their guest, but mostly their only daughter. Emma glowed with happiness, the widest smile plastered on her face. They really had never seen her happier and she was always a happy girl. Snow had warmed up to Killian pretty quickly, trusting her daughter's judgment. But David had remained skeptical of the pirate, trying to find faults. He found the task to be difficult. Killian wanted nothing more than to be with Emma, and he made Emma happy. David hated to admit it, but he was warming up to the pirate...

    "May I cut in..." A man said tapping Killian's shoulder as he danced with Emma.

    "Neal..." Emma said, letting out a heavy breath.

    "Mhm, of course..." Killian said reluctantly as he cleared his throat, walking off to the side to watch.

    "So you really are with that pirate." Neal said in a rude remark as he began to dance with Emma.

    "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you're jealous." The princess responded with a smirk.

    "I'm just teasing Em, you know I only want you to be happy." He responded in an almost serious tone.

    "Look... I'm sorry things didn't work out between us. We were just so young-" Emma rambled.

    "Hey don't sweat it, you know I have your back regardless." Neal responded, being sincere.

Emma slightly blushed, making Killian a tad jealous off in the corner. He did his best to compose himself, knowing there was no real reason to be jealous.

    "So does he know about the surprise?" Neal asked, referring to Killian.

    "Who told you?" Emma asked, ignoring the question.

    "Your mother." He responded in a chuckle.

    "Of course... couldn't keep a secret if her life depended on it." She responded, still chuckling.

    "Emma, it's time." Her father interrupted, holding out his arm for her to grab.

Emma took her father's arm as he walked her over to Killian who was more than thrilled that she had returned to him. To his dismay, Neal followed... The princess took her place by Killian wrapping her hands around his arm, making him smile.

    "The ball over already?" Killian asked the princess, unsure of why the music was dying out.

    "No." Emma chuckled at his mindless remark.

Before Killian could ask another question several of the castle's cooks came out carrying a multilayer black cake topped with candles all around. A birthday cake for Killian Jones.

    "How did you know it was my birthday?" Killian asked in a whisper.

"I have my sources..." Emma responded with a smile.

"The crew?" He asked, already knowing the answer.

"Maybe... Happy birthday my love." She responded, looking up with love in her eyes.

I know, kind of a slow chapter! Something unexpected will happen next chapter though, so stay tuned... ;)

As always leave comments, suggestions, opinions, anything! :)