17: A Good Looking Tree

Start from the beginning

"What's wrong, Ti?" Tosin rushed up to me with a concerned look on her face and I gave a heavy sigh as I felt my eyes well up with tears. I felt happy just a second ago and now, I felt like crying my eyes out. "What's the problem?"

"Where do I begin?" My eyes glanced round the living room and paused on Derrek. I glared at him. "You!"

"Me?" He was taken by surprise.

"Yes, you! Mr Derrek whatever-your-middle-name-is Dune!" I stumbled over to him and he swallowed, briefly glancing at Tosin and Alex before glancing down at me.

"Tiara-"

"Don't Tiara me, Mr Dune!" I placed my palm over his lips and glared at him. "I made a huge mistake signing that-" I gasped as Derrek slapped his palm over my lips. I let my palm fall from his lips and attempted to pull his hand off mine as he wrapped his other hand around my neck.

"What are you saying?" He gave a nervous laugh and I noticed his eyes flicker behind me, no doubt glancing at Tosin and Alex once again. He obviously didn't want them to find out the truth about our relationship but I just wanted the sham to be over. I had to come out with the truth. Lying to my friends and family weighed on me heavily and I felt extremely guilty.

"Derrek, what's going on? Why are you stopping her from speaking?" Tosin questioned and I blinked at Derrek, wondering what excuse he was going to come up with. "What kind of problems is she having and why are you listed as one of them?" She questioned further and Derrek dropped his arms, parting his lips to speak but I cut him off with a song that popped in my head.

"I got ninety-nine problems but you won't be one. I got one less, one less problem." I started to sing, moving my hips from side to side. Something about Tosin's sentence reminded me of the Ariana Grande song and my attention had shifted to getting the words right. "One less problem without you-"

"Tiara, Tiara!" Tosin called but I wasn't paying any attention to her. I just wanted to dance.

"Heads in the clouds got no weight on my shoulders. I should be wiser and realize that I got!" I laughed hard as I missed the last note and decided to give up singing altogether. I was never going to be an amazing singer like Ariana Grande. "That's not fair." I pouted in annoyance at the realization.

"Tiara!" Tosin shook my shoulders to get my attention and I stared up at her with my eyes wide.

"What?"

"You were saying something before breaking into song. What's going on with you and Derrek?" She questioned and my eyebrows pulled together in confusion. I couldn't seem to understand what she had meant.

"Who?" I questioned as I tried to recall who the familiar name had belonged to.

"You're fiancé, Derrek Dune." She pointed to the familiar looking tall and handsome man standing in a rolled up button up shirt and suit trousers. He looked really hot.

"That one?" I pointed and I heard Tosin sigh in annoyance. She always tended to get annoyed with my drunken behaviors. "Oh, yeah, Derrek." I recalled. "Hi, Derrek!"

"I think she's had too much to drink. Tiara becomes the strangest person when drunk." Tosin pulled me over to the couch and sat me down.

"I know, right?" Derrek laughed. "She once thought I was a good looking tree."

Tosin snorted at this and Alex cracked up a laugh as well which made me frown. They were laughing at me. Friends didn't laugh at each other. They were bad people and not my friends anymore.

"I'm going home!" I announced and jumped up to my feet but I fell back down as I lost my balance immediately. "I'm going home!" I tried again, this time getting up carefully. I staggered for a bit but I managed to catch myself.