"You just blew up the only place in this town where you could get a decent cup of coffee!" Jane said.

"Eh, call it urban renewal."

"Wow, that was awesome," came a voice from behind the group, a voice familiar to Dawn and Scott. They all turned around to see the sasquatch standing there. "Man, you really fried those wolves! Good job!"

"Bernie!" Dawn cried as she ran to the monster and hugged him.

"Hey there, little sister! Emmett said you all needed help. So, here I am!"

Elizabeth and Jeremiah were not taken aback by the appearance of the sasquatch, as they both realized that such things existed and knew of their reputation for non-violence. Jane, on the other hand, stood with mouth wide open.

"What... you...you are...?" Jane stammered.

"Bernie."

"B...Bernie. And you...you're a... bigfoot?"

"We don't really like the term 'bigfoot'. We're kinda sensitive about the size of our feet. We prefer 'sasquatch'. Or 'squatch, for short."

"Oh, my, God. Vampires, werewolves, undead Nazis, and Norse myth. All real. And now, I find out that bigfoot... sorry, sasquatch... is real. What else is real? I mean, is the Loch Ness monster real?"

Bernie looked down toward his large feet. "Sadly, Nessie passed on a few years ago. Real bummer about that. But Ogopogo is still around! Heck, I could hook you guys up sometime, if you're interested!"

"Bernie!" Scott cried. "We could use you. There's a big-ass wolf coming this way. That wolf is actually my friend, Zed. I think I know how I can stop him without killing him. We're going to lure him into a trap. We're going to lead him between those two tall buildings, where we're going to lasso him, or somehow get this leash around his neck. That should control him. And while we're doing that, I'm going to go back to that dell and try to figure out how to get those runestones to stop working."

"Up there?" Bernie said, indicating the hotel. "No problem, I'll get right up there. Who's gonna take the other building?"

"I will," Jeremiah said. "I will tie a large noose for the wolf; you will help guide it from the other side, okay?"

"Got it!"

"Then who will be bait?" Scott asked.

"I will, " Jane volunteered.

"Are you sure?"

"Not really. But this is my town, so I guess it's my fight. And anything I can do to help save the world, well, I want to do it. So, I'll be the bait."

"Good, and Elizabeth?"

"Sorry, but you need a failsafe," Elizabeth said. "If this thing goes sideways, and I hate to say it, but it will go sideways because your plan sucks, then we need a final option. I'm sorry. But if I need to kill your friend to save the world, then your friend dies."

Scott knew he couldn't debate the dark lady, and in fact knew that she was, regrettably, correct. If his plan failed, Zed would have to be put down. "I understand. So, I'd better damn well not fail this time."

"Good luck with that. I'm gonna back my Hummer down the street a bit, so I can be clear and have a straight shot. I hope your plan works, Scott. But you have to understand that my confidence in you is on the low side right now."