The Corona Effect

Staying indoors, shielded away from the world, cuddled up in my room, in my own little world.
Feeling and relishing in the serenity I created for myself.

That was my biggest wish.

Just one day.
A day that wasn't an holiday.

Because, the rest you get during a supposed work day hits different than all those weekends or public holidays.

Do you feel me??

But then to get that, i will need to write letters, beg, maybe add some not-truths  and who knows, it might come with a deduction from my salary.

I'm Sandra, and it's a no begging policy.

I know wishes do come true.
But what we never seem to realize is what they come with.

Like always my wishes always come with an extra large sized smoothie.
.
.
.
On a day I would call another day of work,

I woke up from the tiredness of the past day, still chanting my little wish on how I just needed a few days to stay at home.

I work as a temporary secretary at ChrisDolf, a modelling agency.

And you know na, as per all these our fine fine models.

Omooo

They are a hell of Situations.

Like who eats cucumber alone breakfast😢??
When there's rice, yam or even bread and egg ooo if you don't wanna eat much.

But they always say they want to keep a diet.

Not like it's kuku my business, but i'm the one who helps them look for fresh cu-cum-ber that the dew fell on to be eaten at 8am every morning!!!

You get my plight now??
(Sighs)😑
All those beautiful ladies ehn.

That's by the way😀
Now let me continue.

On my way to work,i stood at the junction of my house in trousers and a very big hoodie (you know to cover up all those natural God given curves😌), it was a very cold morning.

I boarded a cab to the office and as we began our journey the baba turned on the news, We continued to listen about the damages the dreadful pandemic COVID-19 and how the numbers of deaths were increasing.

It's terrible news to hear every single morning and night.

But it's very necessary, no one wants to miss the update on how our safety was being reduced due to a virus

Listening to the news, little did I know there's was a little wish-cooking going on.

Just as i was about to ask the nice old man if he could change the station into another one, I heard the news caster say,

"It has been approved by the government for a lockdown to hold till further notice".

All I could do, was shout.

The cab driver looked at me with a confused look on his face and i gave him a stupid smile in return

I was soo excited.

I got down from the cab smiling and telling the man to keep the change.

I didn't miss his words of thanks and numerous prayer points, before waving him off and turning to work.

I walked into my workplace gleefully and all that was in my mind was;
I get a week off 💃, rest my stress out, eat to my filling, and hear no orders from the beautiful models😁.

I finished work so happily, did all paper work with absolute patience and care.
Attended to all models with a big grin and a very wide smile

Even Sade, one of my co-worker laughed at me saying, "one week and we are going to get back to normal. This is 9ja."

Stepping out of work calling my boyfriend Tegha.
(Oh yeah that😂😂😅...yup he's my boyfriend..its a longggggg story and I'll fill you guys on it later 😌.But one thing you should know is..HE BEGGED ME WELLLLL😌😋).

So i told him, how I was gonna spend the whole week in bed resting and gaining some flesh back.

He laughed and said "Take a rest you deserve it."

As days went by I got all the rest I needed without having to beg for a break and I was satisfied with the colour I got back.

I told myself March 30 here I come...i was gonna walk to work very happy.

I was picking up a new shirt i was planning to wear to work,when i received a call from Sade saying,

"Babe did you hear that the governor has been tested positive and all offices have been asked to shut down till further notice, but the management said with the way things are going it might take a month or two"

"Oh wow", I replied.

I began to brew with sadness,anger and boredom.

We talk for little while before she dropped the call.
Dropping the phone I knew my wish came with something else.

In annoyance I shouted, "I love working, I hate staying idle!!!"

The situation was killing.

But then I told myself, "look on the bright side, you could use this opportunity to say HI to people here and there before school resumes".....Who was I kidding 🌚

So I dressed up with the intention of going to see my parents and yes i must say, it was the beginning of it all".

Getting to my parents place the plan was to stay for two days and see other people, nice plan right??

But that wasn't what they had in plan for me.

Sitting down later that night cozy with my sisters watching the news.

A headline showed up saying "Due to this pandemic COVID-19, it is advisable for everyone to stick with their loved ones as there will be a total lockdown,restriction of movements as from March 30".

I was mentally crying."Now I'm stuck here idle".

I picked up my phone that night,calling my boss if she had any job I could do for her over the lockdown.

She told me "Nothing is going to happen until the lockdown is over , So enjoy the break."
And with that she said good bye".

"I knew it...I knew it" I told Tegha, I'm gonna run insane.
After ranting, we decided on what to do.
We decided to start an indoor work out, read a few books just to keep busy.

It was quite productive with alot of rest. About the workout...I followed it diligently for the first 3 weeks or so, but the last time I was working out, I remember sleeping off while taking a rest.

Post - COVID, working during holidays isn't all that hard anymore, most times I just have my head stuck between a system, with my fingers typing away and my pen drumming on my teeth sets.

I still wish for the kind of break we had from the outside world during corona...just without the whole pandemic shit.

DO YOU??

Author's Note

Hey People 😄❤️
How was the whole COVID-19 lockdown ??
Better than Sandra's I hope.

Thank you guys for joining this ride with Sandra again today.
Hope to see you on the remaining escapades.

Makson