“Drew is his girlfriend, but he also sleep with her.” He said. “Okay, why are you telling me about his sex partners like I care?” He shushes her. “Cause she was his one night stand. And you know what can happen with One night stands…” He trails off. “No I don’t tell me what happened.” I gasp, and then cover my mouth, hoping that I wasn’t too loud for them to hear me. Figuring it out, by reading various books, it could have only meant one thing.

                He didn’t.

                Is she?

                “She’s pregnant baby.” Adam replies, confirming my suspicion. I take the phone off my ear and stand there frozen. “They went to the doctor’s on Wednesday and got it confirmed. Aiden is going to have a little light skin blonde kid in the next nine months.” Beth gasps and I hear her push Adam out the room. “You Blondie. Come here right the fuck now.” Adam sighs. “You know I can’t keep anything from my woman.” He says to Aiden I assume.

“I was going to tell everyone—“I don’t care, come in here and tell me now.” She interrupts him. They shuffle in a room and I hear all of their voices. Beth, Adam, and Aiden all talking at once. “How do you even know she’s not some gold-digging chick who poked a whole in the condom?” She argued. They started to go back and forth about it until I've had enough. I texted her and hoped that her phone was on vibrate.

                Hang Up Right Now

                 She would usually check her phone by now. Aiden was still talking on and on about it, and I didn’t want to hear about it anyone. I was upset. I was feeling remorse, angry, frustration, and sadness all at once. And boy was that not a good combination.

“I would not let her abort it. That is not a fucking solution Beth. Adoption or Abortion is not a damn solution. I am going to help raise my kid even if I don’t love Drew. I’m not saying that I will never love Drew, but right now all I feel for her is care. She has my first and ever child inside of her, and I know I screwed up, but I’m not going to treat my kid like my parents treated me. I don’t know how much I have said that. To my mom, to Adam, to you, to myself,”

 “I know that I fucked up, but I can’t go back now. I just wish that I still didn’t love Nia. Maybe this wouldn’t be so bad if I wasn’t still in love her. But I am and that’s what eats away at me at the end of the day.” Feel tears forming in my eyes, before I sink to the ground. When I feel arms around me, I look up see Kain holding me.

                Why?

                Why should I be comforted by a guy who I have slept with for the past couple weeks, when I had one that I let go?

                Why do I feel so broken?

                Is it because he has done something that he can’t undo? He has gotten someone pregnant? That girl is going to carry his child. His blood. How can I compete with that? He says he still loves me, but he will get over that. He will stop worrying about me and his kid will consume his worries. And how can I blame him? If the tables we’re turned then I would be a wreck. I will be confused and torn, but then I would help and I would carry the baby I made and cherish it. It may have been a mistake, but a blessing in the end.

I hear Kain whispering in my ear. “Hush, Hush, love. Don’t cry. It's okay.” I shake my head. “It’s not okay.” I say. He stops and looks at me. “It’s not okay.” I repeat. I grab my phone and hang up. Looking up at Kain I lightly push him off of me and get up. “You should go,” I finally say. “You already heard too much and now you probably think I’m caught up in some American Soap Opera or some shit,” I chuckle at my own little joke, but Kain doesn’t laugh. He stands up and comes towards me.