Chapter 5

The next few days dragged on impossibly slow.

Phil managed to suffer though lecture after lecture. Until, eventually, the bell rang on Friday afternoon, signifying the end of the school day.

"Finally." He thought as he rushed out the building.

Tomorrow. He was going to see Dan tomorrow.

Phil felt as though his insides would explode. He was more nervous than he had ever been in his entire life, yet he could not have been more excited.

How could one person have such a massive impact on his emotions? Phil wondered constantly.
He knew nothing about Dan other than where he went to school, that he could play piano, and that he liked Muse. Hopefully, he would be able to get to know him a bit better tomorrow.

As soon as he entered his house, Phil rushed up the stairs and into his bedroom. He removed his uncomfortable contacts and placed them back in their case. Phil hated how he looked in his glasses, but they were a thousand times more comfortable than contacts.

In an attempt to distract himself, Phil began to study for his math exam, but he soon lost interest and proceeded to spend several hours watching Buffy.

He was just finishing an episode when he heard his mum calling him to dinner. Groaning, he forced himself out of bed and hobbled down the stairs to meet his family. He was greeted by the smiling faces of his parents and his brother.

The meal seemed to drag on for hours, and Phil could not have been less interested in his family's dull conversations. He spent the entirety of the meal attempting to act as interested as possible and hiding his mixed emotions from his family.

Phil soon lost interest and his mind drifted. He imagined what it would be like to have dinner with Dan. The two of them could sit next to each other, shoulder to shoulder; their hands locked together tightly.

He sighed heavily before realizing that his entire family was staring at him.

"Phil, are you okay? I've been trying to get your attention for the last minute." His mother asked. "What were you thinking about?"

"Oh, it's nothing Mum. I'm just a bit distracted that's all."

"Well then, what I was trying to tell you is that your father and I are going away for the weekend. Your brother is going to a friend's house, so you don't have to worry about him. However, you will need to feed yourself, and no parties young man. A few friends are okay, but I don't want to find out that you had some wild get-together while we were away." His mother spoke sternly.

"We're trusting you, don't make us regret our decision." His father cautioned.

"Alright, alright no parties. I get it." Phil began to clear his dishes from the table.

He didn't understand why they didn't trust him.
He wasn't exactly the wild and crazy type. Besides, he didn't even have enough friends to have a party.

As soon as he had collected his plate and utensils, he thanked his parents for the meal and rushed into the kitchen to deposit his dishes in the sink.

He hurried out of the kitchen, slamming the door behind him, and ran up the stairs to his bedroom.

He was about to resume his previous position on his bed, when he heard his phone buzz.

1 New Message-
From: Dan Howell
Hey Phil, just making sure that we are still on for tomorrow. I'm really excited.
If the movie starts at 3:15, we should meet at the theater are 3:00 so we can get snacks and decent seats. :D