Chapter 7

Phil dreams were flooded with memories of Dan. His perfect eyes, his perfect hair, his laugh, his smile. Everything about him was perfect. Phil wanted nothing more than to tell him that. But he knew first-hand that people weren't always so accepting of homosexuality.

The next few days continued on slowly. Phil was continuously moving through a cycle of school, homework and sleep. Only the thought of Dan kept him from going mad during class.

On Monday, during a particularly dull math lesson, Phil found himself glancing out the window, occupied by his thoughts. He was remembering moments from his dream last night. Him and Dan had been walking through a park together, hand in hand. Phil could still remember the color of the sky, the sound of birds chirping and how the wind had tussled Dan's chocolate brown hair. He knew it was only a dream, but the memories felt so real. Phil remembered the feeling of Dan's lips pressed forcefully to his, one hand around his waist, the other running through his hair. It was the perfect kiss, forceful, but not aggressive.

"Mr. Lester!" Phil was forced out of his daydream by the shrill voice of his math teacher. Her already sour face was twisted into a scowl and her eyes were staring directly into the depths of Phil's soul. "Would you like to tell the class what is happening outside that is more important than my lesson?"

"No, ma'am." He murmured and returned his attention to the front of the room.

When the bell rang, Phil walked out of the classroom, trying to avoid the harsh gaze of his teacher. Chris and Pj were standing directly outside of his classroom with eager grins on their faces.

"Hey, Phil. So how was your weekend?" Pj asked, grabbing his wrist and dragging him out of the crowded hallway with Chris at his side.

"Yeah, did you do anything special?" Chris had the most ridiculous smirk plastered across his face.

"What the hell are you guys on about?" Phil asked.

"Well, using my amazing skills of deduction," Pj spoke confidently, pacing in a circle. "I conclude that you were with piano boy this weekend."

Phil blushed violently.

"Ooooh I knew it!" Chris exclaimed. "Tell us everything!"

"Okay, okay. Fine, but first, how did you know I was with Dan?"

"Well, I tried calling your cell phone, then I tried to call your home phone, and when you didn't answer, I called your mum. She told me that you were supposed to be at my house. So, I had to make up some ridiculous excuse to save your sorry ass, but I'm pretty sure she believed it. Besides, it's not like you have an infinite amount of friends that you can just ring up at anytime. I figured that if you weren't with Chris or me, you had to be with Dan." Pj smiled, proud of himself for managing to guess correctly.

"So, what happened?" Chris asked, raising his right eyebrow.

"Really, guys, it was nothing, we just went to the movies."

"Ooh, sure." Chris said, smirking at Pj and nodding sarcastically.

"Really, I mean, I had a great time, and Dan is gorgeous. But I'm pretty sure he's straight."

"Whatever you say. You know I'd like to meet the infamous Dan whatever-his-last-name-is." Pj added.

"Howell." Phil mumbled. "His last name is Howell."

The bell rang and the boys rushed to class.

After several hellish classes, the school day ended and Phil began the long walk back to his house.

His parents were not able to drive him, and he didn't have a car of his own, so 5 days a week, Phil was forced to walk 2 miles to get home. Considering Phil was about as athletic as a sack of potatoes, 2 miles felt like hell; however, his muscles had adjusted to the walk over the last few years.

He continued to trudge along the sidewalk. Suddenly, he heard the loud honk of a car horn behind him. He turned around expecting to see some dickhead from his school, instead he found himself facing a familiar beige suv.

The car got closer and he was able to see the driver. His heart skipped a beat.

"Hey Phil, need a ride?" Dan called out from behind the steering wheel.

"Uh, sure thanks." He wasn't going to pass up an opportunity to spend time with Dan.

When he entered the car, Dan smiled at him and added, "I like your glasses."

"Shit" Phil thought as he reached up to touch the metal frames surrounding his eyes. Normally he wore contacts, but he'd been to tired to waste time putting them on this morning. But at least Dan liked them.

"Or maybe he was just trying to be nice. I bet he actually hates them. God why did I have to be so lazy." Phil scolded himself.

The pair spent the first minutes of the drive in complete silence with the exception of Phil directing Dan to his house.

After a few awkward minutes, Dan turned on the radio.

Bohemian Rhapsody began to seep out of the car's speakers. Dan sang quietly as he drove.

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from reality.

Phil concentrated on Dan's voice. He had a serious talent. It wasn't perfect, but it had a unique sound to it. A voice you could spend hours listening to, perplexed by its distinct tone.

Phil soon found himself swaying to the beat and murmuring the lyrics under his breath.

Dan reached out and turned up the volume. "Come on Lester, you can do better than that."

Soon, both of the boys were belting out the lyrics and practically jumping out of their seats.

Phil glanced over at Dan, he looked so carefree, just him and the music.

Dan pulled into Phil's driveway just as the song was ending, bringing their private party to an abrupt ending.

Phil climbed out of the car and called back to Dan, "Thanks for the ride."

"Anytime," Dan smiled sincerely. "See you later."

Phil tried to think of something to say to him, but before he could, Dan drove down the street and disappeared.

A/N: wow, sorry it took so long to update. But I have to say, I'm pretty proud of this chapter and I hope you like it too.

New updates will be coming soon :)
(Next chapter will be from Dan's POV)