Chapter 3

When Phil woke up the next morning, the world seemed a little brighter. He threw a pair of skinny jeans and a plaid shirt. He thought about Dan and he smiled. He pictured every perfect detail of him. The sparkle in his eyes, his laugh, and the way he smelled. He was suddenly snapped out of his trance by the smell of his straighteners beginning to burn the table. He quickly picked them up and proceeded to run them through his messy hair. But, he still couldn't get Dan out of his head. As he walked to school that morning, all Phil could think about was seeing him again. He had Dan's number, he could easily text him, and he wanted to. There was only one problem, Phil was was terrified. He was terrified of saying the wrong thing and ruining his chances with Dan forever.

Besides, Dan was perfect, Phil thought, there is no way that he would ever go for a guy like me.

***

Once he reached the entrance of the school, Phil did his best to shake off the thoughts. He had a few minutes before class started and glancing around the courtyard, he spotted Chris and Pj sitting next on a bench holding hands. Chris and Pj had been his best friends since middle school. But when they started dating last year, Phil began to feel like a bit of a third wheel. He thought about how wonderful it would be to go to school with and Dan, and soon he found himself grinning again. He was still smiling like a dork when he walked over to Chris and Pj, and it must have been obvious because as soon as Chris made eye contact with him, he asked,
"What happened Phil? Why do have such a ridiculous smile on your face?"

"It's nothing," Phil lied, blushing. He didn't want to tell them about his crush is until he knew that Dan could have feelings for him.

However, his friends weren't going to give this up.

Pj pleaded, "Come on Phil, clearly it's not nothing. You never look this happy at school."

Phil sighed. They were his best friends, they could see right through his lie.

He reluctantly began telling them about his piano lesson and soon, he found himself gushing over how gorgeous Dan was. The entire time, Pj and Chris were grinning as much as Phil was, happy that he had finally found someone.

"So are you gonna tap that or what?" Chris asked jokingly when Phil had finished.

Phil blushed yet again. "I don't know guys, he seemed pretty straight. And, I really don't want to mess this up."

"Well you got his number, didn't you?" Pj asked and Phil nodded. "Why don't you hang out sometime, you can find some way to ask him."

"Yeah," Chris agreed. "Just invite him over to your house, sit him down on your couch, look deep into his eyes and ask, 'Do you like the d?' If he says yes, then you can just go for it, if he says no, you can never speak to him again."

Phil rolled his eyes while Pj giggled and Chris laughed his ass off, clearly amused with himself.

"But seriously Phil," Pj said. "If you really like this guy, you shouldn't be afraid to go after him. I'm sure you'll figure something out."

"Thanks peej," Phil replied. "Maybe I will text him."

Phil pulled his phone out of his pocket and opened a new message. But, before he could enter Dan's number, the bell rang, meaning it was time for first period. Phil forced his phone back into his bag and rushed off to class. Relieved, yet slightly disappointed that he would have to wait until the end of the day to text him.

A/n: Soo I really hope you liked that chapter. I Know I haven't updated in a while, and I know it wasn't super long, but I have some plans for where I want this story to go. So hopefully I will be able to write a few more chapters soon. Sadly, I have been really busy lately and I had no time to write. But yeah, leave a comment if you liked it or leave a comment if you hated it. Or just leave a comment because I said so. ;) Anyways, thank you for reading and I will try to update again soon.