Football Practice (JacobxSeth)

Request: A one shot where confident Jacob Black is out in the open and shy Seth Clearwater is sure he's straight, but when they are left alone in the locker room before practice it becomes apparent that Seth is anything but. 

I would like to apologize endlessly for taking so long to get this out. I promise this won't happen again. 

(This is an AU where they are not a part of the Twlight plotline, also there is some homophobic language and it does not reflect the views of the author)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jesse James never was able to move onto a normal life.."

My head snapped up all of the sudden, and I quickly came to the realization that I had fallen asleep during History class. Who could blame me though? It was a History Channel special on Jesse James 'the world's most notorious outlaw.' It was atrociously boring, and after a quick glance around the room I knew I wasn't the only one who had fallen asleep. But that was a small causality of taking a higher level History class. The good usually outweighed the bad, but that video had tipped the scales slightly.

Before I could think about the pros and cons of being smarter than most of the kids in my grade further the final bell rang. I got up, slowly gathering my books, and sighed. It was a Tuesday and which meant that I had football practice. I loved football as much as any red-blooded American male, but recently practice has gotten complicated.. Because of Jacob Black. He was a senior and was always messing around with the sophomores on the team. He never really hurt anyone; he mostly just mentally abused us. And the worst part was I was pretty sure he was gay. I mean I'm not exactly homophobic, but I didn't want some senior guy staring at me while I was changing or showering. It was just weird. It seemed like he was staring at me more than anyone else, too,

"What's wrong, Seth?" Lisa asked cocking her head in concern, her dirty blond pixie cut washing down in her face.

"I'm just really tired today. I don't feel much like going to practice," I lied, well technically I didn't feel like going to practice, but after my nap I was wide awake.

I lied because even though was my best friend, I didn't think she would understand. She was the type to go crazy over gay guys, especially if that gay guy was Jacob Black. One of the most popular guys, with the ladies, in our school. So my reasoning for being so weirded out would be lost on her. It just wasn't worth all the explaining or arguing. So I kept that little part to myself.

"I could get you a note. You could come into my Art Club meeting," she offered tucking her hair behind her ear. It made her look so foreign; she was obsessed with Paris, hence the pixie cut. She didn't really fit in at La Push high; she was too blond, and too delicate. I had always thought she was pretty in a platonic sort of way, even if her uniqueness tended to make her an outcast.

I shifted my books to where they were resting on my hip and chewed on the corner of my lip, weighing the options. We were supposed to go over some, apparently, extremely, important plays that I couldn't miss. So as tempting as her offer was, I decided against it. But I kept it tucked away in the back of my mind for future reference.

"I think I'll suffer through it. I mean its new plays, so it shouldn't be too brutal."

Lisa pushed another strand of blond hair behind her ears and nodded. "If you say so. I'm off to Art Club. Bye, Seth."

I brushed her abruptness off and called out an unheard goodbye. She couldn't have possibly known that I was lying to her, it had to be that she was running late, like I was. Crap.

 I hurried the, barely acknowledging my friends, at their lockers, along the way. I looked down at my cell as I made it into the locker room, I was roughly five minutes behind schedule and I knew coach would kill me. Unfortunately for me, because my luck sucked, I had to pass Coach to get to my locker and he gave me a disapproving look as he looked up from his playbook. "I asked everyone to get here earlier today so we could get safety over with first."