VIVA LAS VEGAS-1/55

„What happened? Oh my god! Idy!", it was Ann-Margret's voice, „What's wrong with her, Johnny?". She knelt down next to me on the floor. I noticed that she wore her stage outfit. She was about to perform with Elvis. I wasn't able to answer because the pain took my breath away. Ann stroke my head tenderly.

„I will call the doctor. Would you please stay with her?", I saw Ann-Margret nodding, then Johnny left.

„Don't be scared, Idy. The doc will take care of you. Your babies will be just fine. I promise.", she tried to calm me down.

Ann's words comforted me. Thank god, after the death threat, the Colonel had hired a doctor who came on tour with the team, in case there would be an incident and somebody got hurt. The doctor was well trained and would even be able to do minor surgeries. It didn't take long for Johnny to come back with him. I heard the intro of the song "Viva Las Vegas", when I grabbed Ann's arm:

"You have to go on stage.", I whispered, "Please don't tell Elvis about this. He must not be distracted right now!"

Ann frowned: "I don't know, Idy, I think it would be best, if...."

„No word to him, please!", I interrupted her.

Ann-Margret hesitated for a moment, but then she nodded: „Okay, I promise. Everything will be alright, Idy!", she gave me a kiss on my cheek then she got up and went on stage.

I saw how Elvis reached out for her and the audience applauded. To my relief the bright spotlights prevented him from seeing what was going on backstage.

Johnny and Doc Edwards managed to bring me to Elvis' dressing room. After they put me on the couch I suddenly felt that the pain was getting better. Edwards examined me thoroughly. I told him that I was pregnant with twins. He was worried but he told me that the babies were alright.

„I assume that you have suffered from premonitory pains. This happens from time to time during a pregnancy. Mostly it occurs when the patient is confronted by enormous stress and anxiety. But for the moment the babies and you are absolutely fine." I took a deep breath of relief.

„But I have to warn you!", the doctor continued, „Premonitory pains are pretty rare in this early stage. You have to take better care for yourself, Idy. You need to rest. Please avoid any kind of stress, otherwise you put the lives of your babies in danger. There might be more complications if you won't do as I say."

„The past days have been pretty stressful, doc. I promise that I will take care of me and the babies."

„One more thing: Tell Mr. Presley already. You will not be able to hide it any longer and he also has to be sensitized. If there will be complications you will need help as fast as possible. This might be vital."

„I promise, I will tell him today.", I answered.

Then suddenly we heard voices in front of the dressing room. One of them was Elvis and he sounded pretty upset.

„Oh no! What is he doing here?", I gazed at Johnny, „He is supposed to be on stage!", but Johnny only shrugged.

The door opened and Elvis entered the room: „Idy! What's wrong?", he instantly took me into his arms.

It was good to feel him, but I was worried about the show: „You are supposed to be on stage!", I told him.

„You suddenly were gone, I instantly thought that something might had happened. Why is the doc here? What's wrong with you? Tell me, Idy!", he seemed to be pretty nervous. I knew that he was very worried about me. He still was in shock because of Thomas' death. I carefully pulled myself out of his embrace.

„You are all sweaty.", I grinned, „But you are still sexy!", I tried to make him laugh, „Do you have to get back on stage?"

But instead of laughing, Elvis gave me another worried look: „Ann is entertaining the audience right now. But come on, Idy, tell me what's going on!"

„You better sit down. I have news for you.", I took his hands in mine and gazed at him. He starred at me.

„You have to get back on stage, right now! The audience is calling for you. Ann does a really good job but the people came for you.", the Colonel had entered the room and stood there with his arms folded in front of his belly. A big cigar was hanging from his lips.

„I'll be right there!", Elvis answered without taking his eyes away from me.

„Right now!", Parker yelled at him.

Elvis gave me a kiss on my cheek: „Can we talk about this later, honey?"

I winked at him and nodded. In his eyes I could see that he was still suspicious:

"Are you alright? Can I leave you here?", he asked.

I had a silky scarf in my hand which I had worn around my neck before. I took it and wiped away the sweat from his forehead:

„Everything is fine. It was only a minor dizziness. There has been a lot of going on lately. That's all."

I had decided that this wasn't a good time to tell him about the pregnancy. I wanted to tell him when we were alone and the least thing I wanted was the Colonel to be a part of it.

„When this all will be over and we have more time for each other, we will spend some days in Hawaii, I promise.", Elvis smiled and threw me a kiss before he left the room.

„Wow!", I thought, „Elvis and I, alone in Hawaii.", I felt a warm feeling of happiness inside my body. I loved the image of us two, alone at the beach.

Happily I rubbed my belly and thought about these two little human beings growing inside me:  "Soon I will introduce you to your daddy.", I whispered.

- to be continued-