VIVA LAS VEGAS - 1/2

2

The day at the office was like any other. There was plenty to do but not really anything exciting. Therefore I didn't mind that the dream of Elvis came back to my mind during my way home. I still couldn't believe how real it seemed. Elvis' embrace lingered on my body. A cold shiver ran down my spine. I smirked. Who could claim to have an affair with Elvis Presley these days? Fortunately it was just a dream. But still I asked myself some questions. I thought about what year it must have been when I met the king of rock'n roll. I remembered what Elvis said to me in my dream. He mentioned something about a take and that he has to hurry back to the set. I realized that he probably meant shootings for a movie. I must have been jumped into Elvis' movie era. To what year did these movies belong? As I thought about it, I came to the conclusion that it had to be the 60s. This was the decade of the Elvis Presley movies. And it was true. I remembered a very young Elvis. His face was beautiful and he still looked healthy. It must have been before his episodes of illness and drug addiction. My god! Suddenly it came clear to me that in my dream Elvis must have been younger than me. Ha! I chuckled. It seemed that in my dream I got myself a toy boy. But not any random one...no only the best for me! But there was one question that bothered me a lot. When I kissed Elvis I could hear voices around us. It was rather noisy. I felt a breeze in my hair. This meant we must have been outside somewhere. But where exactly? At what place? He shot a movie. The closest I could imagine was Los Angeles. All film studios were in L.A., weren't they? Why have I been there?Who was this Johnny? An employee of the studio? A close person to Elvis? His bodyguard? Questions I probably could never answer myself.

„If I just could go back into my dream again.", I told myself, „I would find out."

Now my detective sense has been awakened. I desperately wanted to go back there. But how was I supposed to do this? It was a dream. Nobody was able to influence its own dreams. Or maybe I could? I hit the gas pedal of my car a little bit harder to get home as fast as possible. After having arrived, I embraced David and without saying anything I grabbed my notebook and sat down on the couch.

„Hail to the internet.", I thought.

David had no clue what was going on: „Don't you want anything for dinner today?"

„No!", I answered, „I have to do some research."

With astonishment in his eyes, David lifted one eyebrow: „Okay, that must be very important."

„Yes!", I answered, „Thank god he doesn't know that I'm cheating on him with Elvis Presley himself", I smirked.

„This research must be very funny", David commented my laugh.

I nodded and typed "Elvis Aaron Presley" into Google. It showed me around 519.000 results. Puuuuhhhh...that might be a very long evening. But I wanted to learn as much as I could about him. I couldn't stay away from it. An inner power drove me. I had the strong feeling to be at the beginning of something really big.

- to be continued-