Chapter 55

'Wait- I think I recognise you from somewhere,'

His eyes scan my face, trying to me figure out. It's best if he doesn't...

'Really? Well, nevermind, I've gotta go,' I say, scooting away and dashing to the girls' bathroom.

I find a quiet cubicle and lock the door, what am I doing here?! I'm so scared, he recognised me! He'll know who I am and all this New York fun will be over!

But Sage, plenty of people in the world look similar, they won't think you're really The Sage.

I can't do this, my finger hovers over Jason's number, I really need him now, I want him to hold me in his arms and tell me it's ok. Take everything back to how it was before, just me and him.

But the was horrible Sage...

I scroll through my messages, Jason hasn't sent me anything today. Is he ignoring me? I have a text from Graham,

Graham: Good luck for your first day Paige 😉 Can't wait to hear about it

I reply,

Me: I don't know if I can do this, I think people might recognise me

I see him typing,

Graham: We both know you can do this, remember what we rehearsed with Becky. It's more unbelievable that you are Sage Tierson than that you are Paige Williams.

Come on bitch, lets do this.

I freshen my face and then walk to the classroom. Lavender, Tia (ugh), Lea and Charles are all sitting and chatting together, although in my seat is a familiar boy I just met.

My thoughts are interrupted by a tap on the shoulder

'Oh Paige, Hi, I'm Mr Franton,'

I turn to find a kind-looking middle-aged man, wearing thick glasses and an itchy green sweater.

'I'm your homeroom teacher, if you don't mind, could you introduce yourself to the class?'

Please no...

'Sure,' I reply, gulping down my anxiety. His pretty brown eyes linger on me, watching as I walk to the front of the class.

'I'll start off for you,' Mr Franton offers, 'Class! Settle down, come on,' Conversations die down and all eyes begin focusing on me.

'We have a new student with us today, she's going to introduce herself,'

'I- Hi everyone, I'm Paige and I'm really looking forward to starting school with all of you guys, um..' I'm distracted by that pretty boy, he's quite cute...

Oh god if Jason finds out- I quickly look away from him and instead gaze at Lavender.

'This is my first time to New York, so if you know any good places, I'd love to know about them,' I say, the walking to the spare seat at the back of the classroom.

'Ok students, please be kind and welcome Paige to our school community.' Mr Franson says, 'Now, attendance,'

As he reads out the role, and students call back short responses, I drift off. I cannot let Jason get jealous, or else he'll hurt them or me.

I know he'll be watching me all day, through computer screens and security cameras. He's just a bit possessive is all...

Once attendance is called and the pledge of allegiance is said, we're dismissed and class disperses. Lea shows me to my classes and I repeat the 'Hi I'm Paige' speech a few times, as the request of the teachers.

I notice people whispering at the mention of my name, and my general presence. Do they know I'm Sage? Or is it because I'm Graham's goddaughter? Probably the second one.

I try to lay low at the back of the class, avoid attention and just try to catch up on all the work I've missed.

~~~

Lunch finally comes around and I spot Lea and Lavender sitting at the canteen.

'Hey!' I say plonking my ass between them on the table.

'Hey, Paige!' They reply in unison, it's good to know that I have made some friends already. 'How has it been so far?' Lea asks

'Yeah.. pretty good. People seem to whisper about me a lot though,' I reply

'Maybe because you're just so damn sexy!' Lea laughs

'Damn right!' I jokingly reply

'I'm sorry though, it just because you're Graham's goddaughter is all,' Lea says seriously

'Sorry for what?' Tia demands, sitting across from us along with Charles and Sam.

'Oh, nothing,' Lea mutters, looking at our table, then realising, 'You haven't met Sam yet Paige!'

'I have-'

'Paige this is Sam, Sam this is Paige,' Lea introduces.

'We already met,' Sam

'Where?!' Tia asks desperately, she likes Sam...

'You could say... we ran into each other,' Sam grins at me, I appreciate his pun and smile back.

'When I went to the bathroom this morning,' thanks to you bitch.

'That reminds me,' Sam says, 'who does she look like?? Doesn't she seem familiar?'

'I was thinking the same thing,' Charles pipes up.

'Hmm,' Tia wonders loudly

'I know what you mean... ugh! Frustrating.' Lea expresses, meanwhile I sit there eating my lunch quietly, hoping it'll lose notoriety.

'That missing girl!' Tia realises, no no no!

'Yes! That's it!' Lea exclaims

'I'll get a photo of her up,' Tia taps on her phone, pulling up a photo of me, as Sage. 'OMG twins!!' She exclaims, putting the photo next to my face, 'Right?'

'Wow that's freaky,' Sam bellows.

'Yeah omg I do look like her ' I finally contribute. 'Shame, that poor girl... I hope she's ok,'

Hey everyone!

Thank u for reading, we're at 173k already! I can't believe it 💜Please vote and comment if you enjoyed this chapter, it means so so much to me💜

Xx Jenny