Chapter 7

Food was not particularly a necessity to him. Yoongi watched his mother courteously cut her piece of meat and place it in her mouth and it made her look like she was the only one enjoying her dinner, which was odd considering her husband had just died a few nights ago.

On the other side, Yoongi glanced at Rhea. She was staring down at her food, had barely even touched it since she sat down at the dining table. She was beautiful indeed, with a dainty nose and high cheek bones all covered by her wavy hair the colour of midnight. If she was not already promised to him, she would be surrounded by men eager to win her hand and her heart. Yoongi had no intention like that whatsoever. All he wanted was to become the King and to desire power no one could have. Unfortunately for her, Rhea had to become a part of it.

"You aren't eating." He said to her, making her jump in her seat. His voice breaking the silence of the dining hall.

Rhea glanced at him, almost a glare but then stared back down at her plate. "I am not hungry." She simply answered.

Yoongi opened his mouth to speak but his mother beat him to it.

"Yes Rhea. You must eat. I do not want you all skin and bones when you bear my son's child."

Rhea did not make a move but only continued to stare at her plate. He caught his mother roll her eyes when she got up from her seat and excused herself.

Yoongi hushed his mother the moment she was about to talk again. Her eyes  grew wide when her own son had cut her off. He got up from his chair and sauntered out, making his way in the same direction the princess headed.

He found the princess in the garden. She was sitting on one of the wicker benches with her face buried in her hands. As he approached her, the sound of her sobs grew louder.

Yoongi made his way towards her and sat right next to her on the bench. Surprised that he came after her, the princess leaned back against the arm rest of the bench and stared up at him with confused eyes and tear stained cheeks.

She straightened herself out and wiped her tears with the sleeves of her dress. The action rendered useless as tears started to pool at the corner of her eyes.

Yoongi turned to her and reached out to touch her hair. Rhea immediately flinches, but she doesn't run.

"Are you afraid of me?" He asked. His eyes watch as his fingers twirl themselves in her wavy lockes. There was an uncertainty in her eyes. She did not know what she felt or what she wanted.

"No." She stared up at him, "Even if you were to put my head under the blade of a sword, I will never be afraid of you. " her brave words were said through clenched teeth.

Without thinking, Yoongi grabbed her chin forcing her to face him and he closed the space between them. She struggled and tried to push him off, but he held on tight to the base of her neck pulling her close, not letting her lose contact with him.

Rhea gripped onto his shoulders, the feel of her fingernails sink deep into his skin. The slight tingle of pain excited him. He wanted more, he wanted her to hurt him more. He wanted to feel more.

He felt a shudder and pulled away slowly looking down at her crying figure. "Please." She sobbed, grabbing onto the lapels of his suit. Gripping hard, desperately begging. "Please just kill me now."

Gently, he wiped her tears with his thumb sliding across her cheek. A smirk rose to the corner of his lips, his eyes glinting icy cold once again.

"Now, why would I give you that kind of satisfaction?" He leaned down and kissed her nose and then rising up from where he sat. Rhea finally let go of him, crumbling down in tears.

Yoongi gathered himself and turned away, but stopping to turn back

"You are wrong. You are oh- so wrong." A dark chuckle escaped his lips as he leaned down one more time to tilt her chin up so she could look up at him. He loved the way she looked at him right now. There was nothing but fear in her eyes.

"You of all people, should be very afraid of me."

***
A/N: yes, a very short chapter. Unlike my other stories I will try to be consistent in updating with this one. I hope you enjoyed this story so far.