Ch3. P3 - Possession

Parker's P

Parker's P.O.V.

Something was off in the courtyard. The air buzzed with the excitement that welcomed the weekend but two distinctive auras caused turbulence in the magic flow. Parker looked around, his eyes lingering over various students as they scanned the cafeteria's tables.

He couldn't put his finger on it but there was something lurking around, ready to strike at any moment. He was inside the main administration building, stationed in one of the empty halls that overlooked the side yard.

The hairs of his arms stood up when he heard a whisper, it traveled through the corridor like music but the sound was a horrid screech that almost made him put his hands over his ears. He flinched but didn't stop to wonder what it could be. Only Umbras made that sound and if there was one around, nobody was safe.

He took the closest exit door to him and climbed up the stairs. The noise became louder as he reached the door that opened to the last accessible level. He willed it open with a flick of his hand and at the same time, a bow materialized in his right hand.

The small rooftop was empty and around it, the gray tiles of the roof climbed in steeper angles. It appeared empty and ordinary with the exception of stong unusual winds that created ripples on his long coat. He looked up around him and spotted a movement. A patch of bright red hair emerged from the other side of the roof and climbed on the edge.

"Boy! Get down!" He yelled but the air carried his voice in the opposite direction. At least there was no sign of Umbras, for now.

A lanky student with sunset hair wobbled over the edge, nearing the end of the roof that assured a certain death if he fell. Parker loaded a black arrow into his bow and aimed at a few feet in front of the boy. He pointed at the sky and let the arrow fly, watching it reach the peak of its trajectory then fall down and land exactly where he had aimed.

The boy stopped. His head turned around in an awkward angle and his eyes found Parker's. They were covered by a layer of white that made it impossible to guess their color. "Come here!"

His behavior was strange, he looked like a puppet with an expressionless pale face. The ginger student almost tripped when he stepped around the arrow. Parked cursed the situation and dispatched the bow.

It was time to climb.

The wind worked against him as he tried to lift himself up and find a place for his footing. He began to panic when the boy neared the end of the roof, at his pace he wouldn't make it on time but if he used the force fields he was in danger of being pushed back by the strong winds.

Parker reached the top of the roof in time to see the boy stop at the edge. His heart bit loudly against his chest as he took fast breaths. "Trust me, you don't want to do that. It won't be a nice journey to the ground!"

The ginger turned around and screeched at him, Parker stepped back. The boy was possessed. The student smelled the air with an animalistic movement at the same time that a gust of wind passed through Parker and hurried towards him.

The boy's face contoured with disgust and he snarled, baring his teeth to him.

"Reaper!" He said In a deep an inhuman voice.

It lost no time and as soon as he said the words he jumped, diving into the space head first. In that instant, Park's skin prickled at a new sensation. He lunged towards the edge and his eyes immediately locked on two girls seating on a table in the cafeteria yard below. They both had pale faces and stiff bodies, one staring at the table while the other had bent over her stomach.

The brunette took her hands to her mouth to suffocate the scream just before the body of the boy hit the ground with a deafening crunch. Neither of them faced the wall so there was no possible way to know that someone was going to die.

Parker frowned, there was something strange about both girls. He retired from the edge before someone saw him. The screams and yells of students echoed behind him as he made his way down the roof.

WIC Academy was well guarded, no possession should be effective under the barrier and yet he'd seen the boy with his own eyes. Something was very wrong with the place.

 Something was very wrong with the place

Mish <3

Darling dearest Parker. He's my most prized character. Pic of him at the top.