Ch2. P1 - Initiation

Kate's P

Kate's P.O.V.

A new Witcher's initiation ceremony marked the beginning of a new chapter in its life. The ceremony was held during the second Friday after the return of class to the academy. Midnight was the witching hour and the beginning of the initiates' new lives, it was just courtesy that all previous witchers were present to welcome the new witchlings and join them in the afterparty.

The bedside table clock marked 9 pm when Kate walked into the dorm room that had been her home for five years. She wasn't surprised when she was faced with the remains of a fashion explosion in their bedroom.

D.C. walked out of the bathroom wearing nude underwear and threw yet another piece of clothing into a visible pile with discarded items. "Hey, K! Help, I'm running out of choices."

She kneeled next to a pile with mostly red and orange colors and lifted up a dress that resembled a top. Her eyebrows rose in a silent question.

"Nope, that's too...extra. Try something darker, it's a witchling initiation." Kate said, walking carefully around the clothes. "How does all this stuff even fit in your wardrobe?"

"Well, some things are yours... and I borrowed others from the girls on our floor."

"I'm sure a nice top and jeans will do it for the ceremony." Kate dropped her backpack on the bed as she said it and stole a side-eyed glance of D.C. Her roommate's face was expressionless until an eyebrow slowly rose higher than the other.

"You are serious." Kate shrugged and sat on the bed, crawling backward until her back touched the wall. "No, no way. And I'm also not letting you walk out of this room dressed in your 'nice top and jeans'."

"I'm not in the mood to do my hair, and my face and find a nice dress..." She began listing, holding her fingers up one by one.

"I'll do it for you, but I'd rather lock you up in the bathroom than let you walk out dressed like a commoner." She brushed a curled strand of blonde from her shoulder and lifted her chin up, "We're royalty, hun."

"Sure thing, diva. Keep telling yourself that." Kate rolled her eyes, but a second later D.C. had jumped on the bed next to her, attacking the side of her abdomen with her fingers. D.C. tickled until tears formed in Kate's eyes. "Okay, okay... but we're definitely doing something about those clothes."

Two hours later, Kate sat on a chair in front of the bathroom mirror with a fully done face and an overly excited D.C. tending to her white hair. D.C. expertly curled up her long hair while Kate just stared at her reflection as it became someone she didn't know.

D.C. had finally decided on a burgundy-colored dress with a deep V-neck and an overlay of black lace. Her lips were painted with the darkest black and her smoked eye look brought out the shine of her eyes and accentuated her multiple face piercings. To complete her look, she wore flat high knee boots - perfect for a midnight stroll through the woods.