Ch2. P2 - Mentee

Kate's P

Kate's P.O.V.

Once the ceremony was over, the audience and new witchlings were allowed to celebrate until the next event of the night was prepared. Kate and D.C. sat ion one of the carpeted spots, relaxing over the bean bags.

"It's so hot!" D.C. complained, pulling the tight dress away from her skin. When she let go of the material it snapped back into place.

"That's because you had too much ambrosia, and you wore those boots." Kate pointed at her choice of footwear.

Kate's dress was a simple black dress that ended mid-thigh. The sweetheart neckline was covered by a layer of lace that formed an illusion neckline. The dress underneath was sleeveless, but the lace overlay ended in long sleeves that allowed the air to pass through. She silently congratulated herself for her choice.

"I need to take it off," D.C. stated after a silence of deep thought.

"No!" Kate jumped straight, ready to stop her if she decided to follow through with the idea.

"But Kate!" She whined like a child, "I'm too hot."

"You're hot all right, Mamacita." A third voice interrupted their conversation. A boy with sun-kissed skin and clear grey eyes winked at them, taking a seat on the same bean bag as D.C.

"Hugo!" She said his name with a coquette tone that would have driven any young man mad, but Hugo was a heart breaker himself and therefore immune to her mind games. He kissed her cheeks and she leaned against his chest, letting him put his arm around her. Her eyes moved up and found a fourth person joining their group. Her smile disappeared and she looked at the blonde man up and down, empty of expressions. "Luca."

"Wow, it's a pleasure to see you again, Dee. You're always so welcoming." The sarcasm spilled out of his words, making her smile again. Luca took a seat next to Kate and leaned in for a kiss. "Hello, beautiful."

"Bro, that's disgusting. Go somewhere private!" Hugo joked.

"Shut it, Hugo," Kate said, a shy smile broke free over her lips.

"Don't tell me to shut it, Graham. I'm older than you." He said back with a grin.

"And she's smarter. Don't even try picking a fight with her, she's a lioness." Luca joined the friendly banter. He kissed her neck, tickling it and making her laugh.

"Okay, sweethearts. Cut it out, I don't want to vomit the ambrosia because of your PDA." D.C. said with fake disgust.

"Ambrosia? Where from?" Hugo turned to face her.

"Table with drinks, wanna get some?" D.C. jumped up like an excited puppy that had just heard the word walk.

Just like that, they were both gone, leaving Kate and Luca alone. He faced her, holding her hands in his. "Are we okay?"