Chapter 15: Revelations and Reconciliations!!

Start from the beginning

"Do you think it's time I spoke to Annane about us?"

She jerked her head to take a proper look at him.
"Gerçekten mi?
Really?
Let's give it some more time Omer, I don't want it to become like last time.
I want everything to go really smooth.

Remember, one night on our way to Beyoğlu, I told you I am going to make you work for that muse thingy?
Yup, I am going to use that.
I need a proper proposal.
A fairy tale one!
All this talks with Annane will not do for me!"
She laughingly winked at him.

"Gel gel gel buraya... come here.
Izin ver sana sarılayım!"
Laughingly saying, he gathered her in a warm hug, each drinking out of the other's glasses;
Defne crinkling her nose and Omer closing his eyes and savoring her glass and declaring it was more refreshing than his!

He then suggested they take a break and look at the outcome of the garden.
They both decided, they loved it.

Defne with a lot of trepidation, walked towards him, taking his one free hand, brought it to her lips, kissed, on both sides of the palm and gently broached the topic of her work, with a thudding heart, praying hard that the conversation should go well.

"Omer... I have something very important to tell you."
And she looked up at his face, that was casually fixated on the crotons.
He gently swiveled towards her with a "soyle askim".
She tensed, but went ahead with it.
She had to.
A week had gone by, she told herself that she would tell part of it at least and slowly prep him and ease him into the Tramba matter.

"I am not sure how you will take it, but I can't hide it from you.
I have started my own venture: Defne Designs!

I don't have very many clients yet, but I strongly believe in garnering a few."

She paused, not able to handle the deathly silence that followed.

She could not even draw with this big dagger between Omer and  her.
Now that it was out, she patiently waited for the storm. Nothing came.
Not even a sound.
Not even a reaction!
This was getting scarier by the minute.

"Omer, you are scaring me, tell me something!
Say something!"
She asked meekly, knowing her mistake, for not telling him a week ago, before starting!
She just looked up and prayed hard with closed eyes that he shouldn't be mad.
Just at that moment, he turned around on his heels and looked at her upward face with closed eyes.

"Defne Designs! Huh??

So, it must have been brewing in your head for some time? And you did not even open your mouth when I asked you to join Passionis?"
He sounded incredulously surprised and looked it too!! This is what she had been dreading all along!!

"Omer, I told you, I wanted to stand on my own two feet; This is what it was!
Had I told you, I would have had the company on a golden platter, served to me by you, of course with love.
It would have been every lover's dream.
Amaaa... but....
I wanted something different than that.
I wanted to set up everything from scratch."