39

It had been a few weeks and things were slowly going back to "normal".

Zander had ordered for the witches bodies to be cremated after the attack. My blood still boiled at the mention of them vile beings. However, I'd chosen to focus more on attempting to finally accept the death of my son over the months that had passed. I felt as though finally there was some closure.

Everyday I had taken flowers to his grave, and everyday the pain was as raw as ever. Although I had started to accept his murder - the loss of a child would never leave. But I know that he lives on with Zander and I forever.

"Hey, are you ready?" Ariella spoke gently, rubbing my arm as we both peered into the full length mirror in front of us. The white dress stretched across my bump, hugging my curves in all the right places whilst my golden hair fell down my back in loose curls. I clutched the pink bouquet tightly in my hand as I finally got my long, lace veil to sit perfectly.

"I'm so nervous!" I laughed, taking a deep breath. "But so ready."

"I'm so happy for you two." Ariella grinned, "You're going to take his breath away."

I smiled at her as a blush coated my cheeks. "Lets do this." I stated confidently, grabbing onto her arm as we walked outside together.

My father stood beside the car waiting for me. "Wow." He breathed, his eyes slowly taking in my appearance.

"Oh stop it!" I joked, cheesing at him. Over the last few months my parents and I had spent more time together and had developed such an amazing bond that I was so thankful for. I finally felt that unconditional love.

"He might faint on us." My father joked, helping me step into the car before sliding in next to me.

"He better not!" I laughed, horror erupting across my face at the thought. "I would die of embarrassment."

My dad smiled down at me. "Iris you make us so proud... I hope you know that. You've grown to be an amazing woman." He stated.

Tears started to well up in my eyes. "Oh, please don't make me cry Dad." I sniffled, holding back my tears as the car pulled up to the venue. He squeezed my hand in response.

The door to the car opened and my Father helped me out onto the pebbled driveway. My breath hitched in my throat as he led me towards the huge, wooden double doors decorated with delicate pink flowers.

As we stepped into the reception area, he turned to look at me. "You ready?" He asked, with a grin ear to ear.

Smiling, I nodded. "As ready as I'll ever be." I breathed, linking my hand through his extended elbow.

The doors to the hall opened and music started to play. Rows of friends and family were sat on each side of the room, all of their faces turning to look at me.  Pink rose petals flowed around my feet as we slowly made our way down the aisle. I squeezed tighter onto my Father's arm as we got closer to the front.

Soon I was in touching distant of my mate. His wide shoulders bulged against his navy tuxedo. Slowly, he turned to face me. Tears welled up in his eyes and his mouth fell ajar. My eyes skimmed across his body as stray tears started to fall from my eyes. A pale pink bowtie was sitting around his neck and his a brunette locks were slicked back perfectly.

Zander's thumb quickly went to brush away my tears as we stood facing each other at the altar. "You look absolutely stunning." He whispered as he leant forward. Gently, he took both of my hands into his and gave me a huge grin.

I smiled back equally enthusiastically. This was the moment we had both waited so long for and finally it was all coming together. I couldn't wait to be Mrs Reid.

—-

"You may now kiss the bride!" The minister bellowed, as we finished our vows.

Zander wasted no time in pulling me flush to his body as he pressed his lips against mine. It was short and sweet and before I knew it we were walking down the aisle with confetti raining down on us.

As we made it outside, Zander helped me into the open top Beauford Tourer. The guests were on our heels continuing to drown us in sparkling pink confetti. My heart warmed as I took in all the faces that made me feel nothing but warmth and love. My parents and in-laws; my Uncle Dom; Axel and Ariella, the Twins; Jake. I truly was the luckiest woman in that moment.

Zander perched next to me and gripped my hand as the car started to move gently and we waved to the crowd.

"I love you so much." He breathed, looking into my eyes.

"I love you too." I whispered, a blush warming my cheeks.

—-

The sun was setting across the ocean as Zander and I watched from the beach. His hands were wound around my waist and rested on my small bump. "Happy one day of being my wife." He grinned against my ear, before placing a soft kiss to my cheek.

"It's a happy one for sure." I cheesed, resting my hands on top of his. "I'm so lucky to have you."

"I'm the lucky one." He stated, moving to stand in front of me. He tipped my chin upwards to look him directly in the eyes. "I promise I will always look after you," He started, kissing my softly. "And I will always protect our little girl... our family. I love you Iris." He finished, rubbing my stomach gently.

"I know." I smiled, staring into his beautiful eyes. "And I love you Zander Reid."

"Our love is forever." He promised, pulling me into his warmth. I smiled against his chest.

Forever.