34

Shivering, I turned over, snuggling deeper into the heavy covers. Zander had left early in the morning, rushing out to an urgent Alpha meeting.

Since he'd left, I couldn't get to sleep at all, the bed just seemed so cold and empty. Plus, baby Damien had decided it was a good time to start rolling around in my stomach, prodding at my ribs. He wanted his daddy too.

I sighed, closing my eyes. Okay, go to sleep.

Prod.

One sheep, two sheep, three sheep...

Okay, whoever said counting sheep helped you sleep was lying.

A short creak sounded and I popped my eyes open. "Luna?" A familiar voice whispered, followed by footsteps.

"What's the matter sweetheart?" I questioned, gathering Jake into my arms and draping the quilt over both of us as he reached the bed.

"The thunder scared me." He whimpered, clinging to my body tightly.

"It's okay darling, you're fine now." I cooed, stroking his back gently. Thankfully, his sniffling slowed down, and after a few minutes he was calm again.

"Luna, where is Mr Alpha?" He questioned, blinking repeatedly.

"He's gone to do some work," I answered. "Now you mister, need to go to sleep." I said, smoothing back his hair with my free hand.

"But I'm not tired." He murmured, one eye drooping closed.

"Are you sure?" I asked amused.

"Yeah..." He trailed, his eyes closing fully.

Smiling, I repeated his actions, falling into abyss as soon as my eyes closed.

~~~

"She's fucking perfect." A familiar, husky voice spoke.

"She is gonna be a total MILF." Another added.

There was a pause.

"What? You can't deny it." The second voice said.

Unwillingly, I opened my eyes, thankful that the room was still dark and not blindingly bright. I was so thankful for our thick curtains in a morning.

"Shit, now you woke her." That sexy voice, that belonged to my mate, grumbled.

"Don't blame me! It was you! She's so perfect; She sleeps so peacefully; Her boobs look divine." Logan mocked, in a ridiculously high voice.

"Logan." I warned, giving him the shut-up-or-your-balls-will-hurt look.

"Fine! Fine! Take the Alpha's side: as usual." He paused, smirking. "Girl, your thirst is real."

"Sorry, who's thirsty? I was distracted by your Xbox begging for mercy." I smirked, watching his eyes turn to slits.

"Don't threaten the wife." He gritted, poking my side.

He got an evil smirk in response.

"Why were you watching me sleep anyway, you creeps?" I laughed, quirking a brow.

"He thinks someone will eat you in your sleep." Logan droaned, rolling his eyes.

"I didn't say that." Zander deadpanned, shooting daggers at Logan with his eyes.

"Oh, sure." Logan teased, drawling out the sure.

Meeting Zander's stare, I smiled at his slightly embaressed expression. "Baby, you're too cute." I cooed, crawling over to him.