Chapter 13- Now That I Found You

Diego carried the girl to his place as he remembered what Five said. That the mannequin wasn't the real Dolores. The girl in his arms might be. He did know one thing for certain. He was going to kill Five.

When he got to the ring, he set the girl down on a couch in the hallway. She was bleeding out and most definitely had a concussion but he couldn't take her to a hospital. Especially if his suspicions were correct. He made sure she was in a comfortable position before brushing the hair out of her face. With one last look, he barged into his room.

"Piece of shit! Do you have any idea what you just did?!" Diego was ready to grab Five by the neck and shake him but he was stopped by Luther who lifted him off the ground.

"No, get your ape hands off of me!" He wiggled around but it was no use.

"I can do this as long as it takes you to calm down." Diego let his body go limp, thinking about the girl in the hallway. He had to get her help soon.

"Fine," he grumbled. Luther let him go.

"Now, wanna tell us what you're talkin' about?"

"Our brother's been pretty busy since he got back. He was in the middle of that shootout at Griddy's, and then at Gimbel Brothers, after the guys in masks attacked the Academy, looking for him."

"None of which is any of your concern," Five started but he was quickly cut off.

"It is now. They just killed my friend. Tortured some girl." Five perked up with fear in his eyes. It couldn't be.

"Who are they, Five?" Luther asked, keeping his eyes on Diego.

"What girl?"

"Answer the question, Five." Five deflated, Dolores was gone and he was never going to see her again. He needed to accept that.

"They work for my former employer. A woman called The Handler. She sent them to stop me. Then, soon as Diego's friend got in their way, well, fair game."

"And now they're my fair game. And I'm gonna see to it they pay."

"That would be a mistake, Diego, they've killed people far more dangerous than you," Five said.

"Yeah, we'll see about that. There was a girl there, she's beat up pretty bad."

"Did you take her to a hospital?" Luther asked. Diego shook his head.

"I can't. She's outside, you're gonna have to fix her. First-Aid kit is over there," he pointed to a cupboard, "you're gonna have to bring her inside too. I have to take care of things." He started to open the door again when Five spoke up.

"What girl?" He sounded so desperate, it confirmed Diego's suspicion. He just shook his head and closed the door. Five's breath quickened, if he had been standing he would have collapsed onto the ground. Luther gave him a look before leaving him.

Luther opened the door and looking to his right he saw a girl, no older than the body Five was in, lying on a couch. Diego was right. She had a large gash on her forehead that had been opened repeatedly and it looked like she had been stabbed in the leg, more than once in the same spot. Muttering a curse, Luther picked her up.

Five heard the door open but he couldn't bring himself to look up. He didn't want it to be her but at the same time, he needed to know. He squeezed his eyes shut hoping it would stop the tears from falling out. With a shaky breath, he opened his eyes. And there she was, his Dolores all bloodied and beaten in his brother's arms. He didn't want to see her like that but he couldn't tear his gaze away. This was his fault and he knew it. He aimlessly stood up, out of the way so Luther could place her on the bed. There was a small clatter as something fell out of her pocket. Five picked it up with a small smile. It was the ring.