Chapter 6- 2002

The great fortune of the Stevenson family had been put to use over the course of the few months following the crash. Mr. Stevenson was put into a coma, there was no sign of when he would awake but everything was looking up. Ellie was a different story.

Strange things began to happen, things the doctors had no explanation to. The poor girl's mother spent so much time looking for an explanation. She even considered going to Reginald Hargreeves and explaining everything to him. But she didn't. She knew better than to turn over her only child to that monster.

The doctors were doing all they could but her brain scans were showing strange results. They know she has amnesia but her brain waves were showing more emotions than the usual person. It was like she was somewhere else, stuck in a dream. They had never seen anything like it. She soon began having dopamine and the hormone norepinephrine show up all over tests. The same thing happens when one is falling in love.

Her mother had a difficult choice to make but she knew it would be the best decision. She left Ellie in the care of one of her distant cousins, making a long list of people in case she didn't wake up. She would be passed down in the care as time went on. She made a fake I.D. under the name Lilith Rose Carpenter, hoping she did have amnesia. Then the next part of the task, making the announcement that Ellie Stevenson was dead and then preparing her services. And she did.

•••••

Harold was sitting in the prison office when his eyes had lifted to the T.V. and saw Mrs. Stevenson crying. It looked like she was trying to give a speech but she kept stopping to wipe her eyes. The boy furrowed his brows in confusion. And then he read the banner and the bottom on the screen.

DAUGHTER OF FAMOUS DOCTOR PASSES AWAY IN UNEXPECTED CRASH. MORE NEWS TO FOLLOW.

His breath caught in his throat. It wasn't true. It couldn't be. There was no way, she couldn't be dead. She was going to be waiting for him to get out. They were going to live together. She can't be dead. She isn't.

He let out a scream and fell out of his chair and onto the floor, only to be dragged away by officers.