Chapter Thirty One

One Week Later
Midoriya's POV:
I was in the bathroom in the morning, puking my guts out. But Shoto was next to me and trying to help in any way he could, which unfortunately, wasn't a whole lot.

I'd been in there for about fifteen minutes by that point, and my throat was seriously starting to burn from the vomit.

Todoroki: Do you need me to get you anything?

I shook my head.

Midoriya: It feels like this time is twice as bad as when we had Yuki... I'm already looking forward to when this baby is born in five months... I told my agency about it last night, and I'll need to take leave in two weeks since that's the government's policy with pregnant heroes...

Todoroki: Okay. I'm looking forward to when they're born, too. What do you think they'll be this time? Another girl? Maybe a boy?

I shrugged.

Midoriya: I dunno... I kinda want to wait until they're born to find out.

Then Shoto gave me a hug and gently pecked me on the cheek.

Todoroki: So do I.

It was quiet then, and I heard Shoto take a deep breath.

Todoroki: Are you ready for the visit?

Midoriya: Oh my gosh I forgot it was today... I'm more worried about you, Shoto. Are you going to be alright...?

Shoto shrugged.

Todoroki: I can probably sit through it. As long as we keep it short.

I nodded in agreement and morning sickness eventually stopped. For a while.
Later
Yuki was asleep already when Shoto's family made it to our apartment, since it was getting late, and I made sure not to let go of Shoto's hand.

Shoto and I let them in and greeted them, though I could hear Shoto forcing it out, so was I.

Then we were all sitting at the table. It was quiet for a bit before Endeavor spoke up.

Endeavor: So, you're Number 4 now?

Shoto nodded.

Todoroki: Yeah, I am.

Endeavor: That's pretty exciting, right? The same goes for you, Midoriya.

Shoto muttered a thank you and I made mine more clear. I didn't know how to handle this. And the air was thick with tension.

Finally Fuyumi decided to bring up what was said at the announcement.

F. Todoroki: So, you two are married now?

I nodded and spoke up.

Midoriya: Yeah, five years, we got married in Osaka, a few days after graduation, actually...

Then Fuyumi got a worried look on her face.

F. Todoroki: Oh, then you weren't super upset by what Natsuo said the night you two left, were you?

Natsuo flinched. I shook my head.

Midoriya: No, not really. And it's not like it's the only thing we've heard. Those comments are few and far between anyway, thankfully.

Fuyumi nodded right as Natsuo decided to speak.

N. Todoroki: Actually, going back to the whole running away thing... was it planned?

I wasn't sure how to answer that, but Shoto spoke up.

Todoroki: We were planning to move into a new home together, but not as soon as it happened.