Chapter Twenty Four

Five Days Later
Midoriya's POV:
I've been home with my mom for a couple days, I told Shoto that I'd rather have a small gap between the trip and telling her about Yuki. I felt like if I crammed it into the same day it might be too much to process.

I told my mom when he'd be over, she said it was fine but didn't seem super happy about it. I was waiting anxiously by the door in the fifteen minutes before he was supposed to drop Yuki off. Eventually mom was working on the computer and I heard a knock on the door.

I opened the door quietly and saw Shoto smiling at me and holding Yuki. I smiled back and gave him a side hug before he handed Yuki over to me. Yuki had been staying with All Might and Shoto and I would frequently visit. Part of the reason we picked now was because All Might had to go to a meeting for at least a week, and he left yesterday.

Midoriya: How have you been doing?

Todoroki: Hanging in there, this little one's been keeping me pretty sane. So are you.

I smiled and gently pecked Shoto on the lips, then he smiled and pulled me into a longer kiss, at least three seconds. Then we heard a coo from Yuki, and looked down to see her looking at us. We both laughed quietly and stood there with Yuki for a minute. Then we eventually pulled away and Shoto handed the rest of Yuki's supplies to me.

Todoroki: My father is supposed to go on a mission tomorrow, so if you need anything you can come over.

I nodded and started getting that gut feeling again.

Midoriya: Okay, thank you, Shoto.

Shoto smiled and gave my hand a small squeeze.

Todoroki: You're welcome. Especially if this gets us closer to living together with Yuki and being a family.

I smiled again.

Midoriya: I'm excited about that, too. And, hey, once we start living together, we can have your brother visit without worrying about anyone else finding out. Except Kacchan and Kirishima, they already know...

Shoto laughed and nodded.

Todoroki: Yeah, right. I can't wait.

Midoriya: Me neither, I love you.

Todoroki: I love you too.

The two of us shared a quick kiss before Shoto had to leave. I closed the door behind me and set Yuki's stuff on the ground. I held Yuki in my arms for a couple minutes, hearing her coo and gently rocking her back and forth. I smiled brightly when I saw her cute smile and felt her tug on my shirt.

Then I heard my mom move to the kitchen, where she would put a decent amount of her work papers. And also where the printer was for some reason.

I took a deep breath then and went into the living room with Yuki still in my arms. I wasn't sure what the best way to approach this was, so I just decided to be as straight-forward and honest as possible. Then my instincts started going crazy when mom spoke up.

I. Midoriya: Was that your friend, Izuku?

Midoriya: Yeah, it was. He just had to drop something off.

I. Midoriya: Okay. What did he need to drop off?

My breath hitched and I got up.

Midoriya: Um, are you busy right now?

Mom responded quickly.

I. Midoriya: Not too much at the moment, but I'd rather you came in here. Why? What's the matter, Izuku?

My legs started moving on instinct and I started to calm myself. She's my mom, she might be immediately upset, but she'll still care, we've been really close up until this point, so I don't think this would be enough for her to forget all that. Right?