Epilogue

Epilogue

The next day after failed conversations and countless attempts to get an explanation from me I stay blank and my parents carried me back home."I still don't understand why you'd run so far"my father grumbled once we were there then my mom said "We'll be back later in the evening okay honey. The house is literally running dry."

I know she did it trying to make the mood lighter but it was barely even acknowledged and so with that I got up out of the car and began walking away. "You forgot the key!" mom yelled as they began to drive off and the key landed with a soft thud in the luscious grass I stood in.

With a sigh I bent and took up the key then pressed a hand to the bandage on my forehead. I hate Gunner so much for this. I really do. With a groan I moved a little bit faster and I pushed the key into the door knob unlocking it.

As soon as I unlocked it, I stumbled into the semi dark house then closed the door behind me . With yet another sigh I walked to the living room getting ready to storm up to the stairs when I'm met by a familiar person seating on the edge of my chair in a black and red plaid short sleeved buttoned up shirt and tight black skinny jeans.

It's the most casual attire I've ever seen him in and it does suit him but that doesn't necessarily mean that I wanted to see him at all. And so with that as his midnight blue eyes look up meeting my green ones and I screamed. "Alyssa" he mumbled only for me to scream louder at him.

No not it terror this time. But frustration and anger. I grabbed a nearby vase throwing at him and he caught it and threw it to the safety of the sofa he sat on as he sauntered closer. "Look. I'm sorry-". "GET AWAY FROM ME!"I screamed at him throwing a picture frame which he also caught.

"Can we just talk please?" he asked as I ran to another corner of the room grabbing a cushion and he let it slap him in the face causing him to roll his eyes. "WHY WOULD I TALK WITH YOU WENT YOU WANT TO KILL ME!!" I screamed at him moving away looking for something else to throw but I was cornered.

"I didn't say that exactly." he said calmly seeming to appreciate the fact that I was cornered . "I hate you" I sneered grabbing a plate from behind me and he ducked as it crashed to the ground behind him. "Alyssa-" he growled and yet again I threw another series of plates causing him to duck and duck numerous times.

Soon all I can reach for is the sharp metal of a knife and before I could throw it he moved closer to me and grab my hand took the knife away from me letting it fall with acling to the groud. "Alyssa!" he yelled shaking me and I screamed back at him "LET GO OF ME! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU!! AND IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE YOU'LL KILL ME ANYWAYS!!".

And just like that the stupid tears began to flow again. Gunner frowned still using one hand to clutch my smaller ones and the other he used to brush away some of the hair from my face."I'm not the one that kills Alyssa. You have no idea how messed up that is." he said in a mumble and I drew away my face from his touch as I snapped in a cracked voice"I don't care. Just go away".

Instead of following my instruction he wrapped his arms around me letting me cry into his chest and I ended up smelling his cologne. Male cologne . I loved it. "Where were you last night Akyssa? You had me so worried" he surprised me by saying as he rubbed my back and I swallowed a sob as I clutched onto the material of his shirt.

"Oh you know. Running from dogs. Cursing trees. Getting hit by a car.. To put it short I was running from death" I snorted making a sound between laughter and I sob as I buried my face in his shirt and he hummed. "But why say death. Why not say running from life?" he said quietly and I took in a sharp breath.

"Why would I run from life? Life is...life." I said and he sighed then said "Exactly so. Life was also those trees, dogs and stupid humans who nearly drive over you ". "Really smartass. Then what's death." I said wiping at my wet eyes not wanting to let him go and give up the comfort coming from his warm body. "You already know." he said flatly and I pulled away a bit to raise my eyebrow at him.

"Death is the peace after life destroys something or one" he said as if he had recited it too many times and my face went blank as I began to look into his words. Life kills. Death saves. All along my enemy was just a friend. A really good one. But....if he's death........ who's life?

"Gunner-" "Call me my other name." he said sassily and I gave him a flat look. Who knew he could be sassy. "I'm not calling you Christian"I said in a monotone and he smirked as he said in a lower voice "Why not? I could call you Anastasia". I looked at him with a wild fire starting in my face as I stared at him blankly. "And I could calm your tense musc-"

"Hey no shut up! I will kick you in the ass if you dare try and seduce me ! Uh uh! It isn't gonna work you flippin' donkey! Now would you have the respect to let me ask you something?!" I said blushing crazily and he took a step back smirking widely then pursued his lips as he folded his arms on his chest and said "Who me? Are you sure? I was just comforting you. It is my job after all".

Not really being able to find a sassy remark to to snap at him instead I rolled my eyed and said "Bleh". His eyes twinkled amusingly as he stared at me with an odd intensity in his eyes. "Isn't there a question that you're supposed to be asking?" he asked looking down at me and I stared at him blankly trying to remember the question.

"Who's Life?" I asked and his smirk slowly faltered as his lips fell in a tight line. He looked away from me with all former happiness gone then sighed. "That's for me to know. And for you to find out" . As the words left his mouth the door opened behind me causing me to look around and meet the startled faces of my parents as they stared at their shattered dishes.

I looked at them then back to Gunner for help but to my amazement he wasn't there .