6. Not jolly mates

Chapter six

I groaned as my eyelids slowly pulled open and I rested my hand on my forehead. The room I was in was familiar but not mine. The walls were cream and plain and I laid on a bed in the middle of the small room. "You're awake"a voice said flatly and I jerked in the bed with shock.

Quickly looking around I faced the person and almost fainted again. "Ugh" I groaned letting my head fall back to the bed as I stared at the ceiling. He's here. Again. And he's shadowed. Thankfully.

"Not the thank you I expected" he said getting up and I tensed as he sat on the edge of the bed."That's because I'm not telling you thank you. You're the stupid idiot that-" I didn't even get to finish my blame. He gave me a stern look muting me in the process.

My breath hitched in my throat as I looked at his shadowed stern face. "Listen. We came off on the wrong foot. That doesn't mean we're jolly mates now but all I'm saying is that you tell no one about this. No one " he said in a low voice as he looked at me and I frowned but nodded anyways.

"W-what time is it?" I asked in a stutter as I stared at him . "Five minutes before lunch" he said without looking at anything and my frown deepened. "How did you-" "Good she's awake !" someone said loudly and I jolted in place. Gunner went into a defensive stance and my eyes flicked to the sleeves on his hands.

"Uhm....Sorry" the school nurse replied clearing her throat and his stance relaxed. The nurse shook her head quickly looking away from him as she scratched her head and walked towards me with a weird frown.

"Anyways. Allysa. According to Mr.Thade's scenario he was going to the bathroom when heard a thud and followed it . Into the female's bathroom. And found you on the ground unconscious. Is there any truth in that scenario?" she asked carefully watching me and I bluntly lied. "Yeah."

"Are you sure?" she asked and I drew in a sharp breath as I stared at her but took a quick glance at Gunner. 'Watch it' he mouthed to me and I quickly averted my gaze. Why is he so bossy? Stupid beautiful idiot .

"Well Mrs. Chefons. I was light headed. I was in the bathroom and bam I passed out then I wake up here so you decide" I said again lying and she furrowed her eyes thoughtfully. "Yeah you might be right" she mumbled looking at me then turned around to look at Gunner. He stared back at her blankly.

"What's up with the jacket?' she asked furrowing her eyebrows as she neared him."Medical condition" he said as his lips pulled in a tight line. "What type?" she asked inquisitively edging more towards him. "I don't think I have to tell you" he said stubbornly backing away from her.

"Come on. I'm the school nurse. I deal with 'medical conditions'" she said in an annoyed laugh as she cornered him. His face twisted in discomfort and I furrowed my eyebrows. "No it's too serious . Plus it's contagious" he said pushing out his hands to stop the nurse.

"Way ahead of you " the nurse said smiling as she drew on her dust mask . "It's deadly" he said pushing her again and she held onto his arm as she tilted her head to the side. "Take it off" she ordered. "Nurse" I called but she ignored me. "I don't want to hurt you" he growled tensing as she moved forward again.

"Just take it off" she said again with an edge to her tone. "Nurse stop!" I yelled trying to get her attention and she reached towards him. "If you don't let me go" he warned in a low growl as her hand reached for the top of the hood of his jacket.

Before I could process my actions I grabbed her shoulder twisting her around to face me. " I said stop it! You can't just deprive someone of their secrets like that! That isn't even professional ! What if it were to be reported to the principal huh?!" I yelled at her and her eyes widened in shock as she slowly cowered away.

Adrenaline pumped through my veins humming in my ears. "You know what. I don't need your services! Good-bye! Stay out of his business! And you. Stay the hell away from me! I want nothing to deal with you!" I screamed at the two of them then I stormed out slamming the door behind me.

I didn't even know what came over me.

Soon afterwards the door opened again and closed in a slam louder than mine. I knew he was following me but he seemed to calm himself from yelling at me when he saw that a group of students stared at us from the nurses door in shock and some in the halls looked at me with raised eyebrows.

I glanced back at him with clenched jaws but met his own angry stare. His fists and jaws were clenched as he followed behind me. An artery throbbed in his neck . He walked along beside me and I'm about to scream aloud at him again but then he alternated routes. He took the hall to the entrance of the school and walked out the big doors.

Good , now I had no one to scream at. I let out a frustrated scream and some of the students that followed me jerked back in shock as I kicked one of the bins so it skidded away. I made my way to the lunchroom glowering at the ground and anyone that dared to look at me.

Why did I even pick up for him ?