9. Confrontations

Chapter nine

One minute. Two minutes. Probably three and a half then finally I began screaming in terror. He rolled his eyes and covered his ears as I stumbled backwards. Don't drop the towel. Don't drop the towel. "Hello to you too" he said dropping his hands with a slight smirk as he got up .

"No no! Get out! Why are you here?!" I squealed gripping my towel as I began throwing random stuff at him which he easily dodged. He laughed bitterly as he tilted his head to the side and said "Revenge my friend". "Your friend?" I accidentally choked out as if I were to gag.

His smirk widened as he cornered me in the wall and pressed his hand to the wall beside my head. "I was being sarcastic" he said slowly and in a low voice and I took in a sharp breath. I thought he couldn't look any better but up close he proved me wrong. His scent was intoxicating but addictive.

"Were you being sarcastic about wanting revenge too?" I asked nervously and he gave me a half smile then pursued his lips as he shook his head. Not good. Not good at all. "What did I even do?" I choked out nervously and he looked at me blankly and frowned then brushed his cold finger tips against my neck.

"Relax. I won't strangle you" he chuckled playfully wrapping a hand around my neck and I tensed even more. "Why are you here? How are you here?" I asked through heavy breathes. "I have my ways" he said and ran his tongue along his bottom lip.

The lightheadedness is suddenly getting to me and my knees began to tremble weakly. He pressed his hand to my temples with a smirk then said "Boring you already?". It was as if he knew I wanted to faint. When his hands made contact with my temple energy began to build in my body.

I looked at him in utter shock as my lips parted and I paled."Ho-" "Can we talk?"he asked cutting me off. "Why? Can't you wait until Monday ....or tomorrow??" I whined and he pursued his lips again. You should kiss him.

The thought passes through my mind and I shook my head to get rid of it. "Let me rephrase that. You and I are gonna talk right here right now" he said in his low voice again and I stared up at his dark midnight blue eyes. "Got it?" he asked brushing his thumb against my chin close to my bottom lip and I nodded absentmindedly.

"Can I atleast change first?"" I squeaked and he smirked. "I'd rather you not" he stated and my cheeks heated up as he began pacing in my room. That must mean something right?? "Gunner. Ple-" "Ugh. Don't call me that" he groaned sitting on the edge of my bed with a slouch.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and he looked at me with a frown then rolled his eyes. "Call me by my last name.....or whatever you called me with your friends... What was it again...I think I overheard it to be...Christian Red?" he said with a mock innocent face and my face heated up even more.

He knew! He knew! How the hell- "Don't worry. Just think about the problem at hand now. You can get dressed. Meet me outside in two minutes. Or I will personally come and get you" he said slowly as he got up again.

He began walking towards my window showing off black markings on his back through the thin material of T-shirt. Then he vanished through the window. He just jumped from my two storied window. He was just in my room. I have less than two minutes left. Shit.

I quickly scrambled to the dresser and began pulling the drawers. You should call the police I scream at myself mentally but my body pushes the suggestion to the back of my mind as I pulled on my under clothes. I quickly dragged on a camouflage shorts and a grey tank top then I sprinted down the stairs and to the back of the house.

I threw open the back door with heavy breathes and jogged outside into the dark cold backyard as I looked around for Gunner. I squinted my eyes searching for him but it was so dark.

" One minute fifty seven" I heard his voice said abruptly and very close to my ears and I screamed as I jumped about a feet in the air. I turned around immediately loosing my footing at the same time and he grabbed my arm. His blue eyes shone through the darkness like headlights and mine widened with shock. I don't get how his eyes were so bright. Yet so deep and dark. It was everything in one.

"Alyssa. Well aren't you early?"he asked smoothly letting go of me as he folded his arms on his chest and I averted my gaze from his intense stare. "I am. Now what is it." I said in the strongest tone I could muster and I shuddered a bit. I could still feel his eyes on me watching my every move. "What's your phobia?" He asked immediately and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as I looked to him.

"You called me out here....to ask me what is my phobia?" I asked awkwardly but he just nodded as if it was the most casual thing and I ran a hand through my hair. "Gunner no matter how much you scare the shit out of me , I won't be ashamed to tell you this is an absolute waste of time" I said frustratedly and he clenched his jaws a bit but said softly anyways "Just tell me and I'll leave you alone".

I looked at him for a while and frowned. Some parts of me didn't want him to leave me alone but still I wanted the peace back in my life. "I have phobias for bugs, love, people, intimacy and death" I said casually and almost immediately I felt a shift in the atmosphere and his eyes turned into narrowed slits of the blue background of his iris. "What the hell did you just say?" He asked with a grimace sounding slightly offedended and with a raised eyebrow I repeated myself with uncertainty clear in my voice .

"You fear death?" he asked as if to get himself clear and I sighed then explained "Fear? I absolutely hate the idea of dying. Death is unwanted and stupid and unnecessary".

"You know I should probably kill you for screaming at me a few days ago right ? Do you know that Alyssa?"he asked and my breath hitched. He wants to kill me. He is going to kill me. I was definitely correct. I shuddered and felt a slight weakening in my bones ,

"I should , shouldn't I Alyssa?" he said again in a mocking tone holding both my shoulders as my back made contact with a tree. But not in any hurtful way. "I should hurt. I really should" he said almost breathlessly lowering his head to look at me in the eyes . I kept on trembling. I couldn't stop.

Why does he keep on saying should?

"But you know what's wrong Alyssa?" he said putting more emphasis than necessary on my name as his hands slid up to my neck. He didn't add pressure but his hands were tense . As if he was restrained by something. "Do you?" he asked loudly through heavy breathes and I shook my head frantically as my breathing picked up.

"Well Alyssa. There is no urge" he said and then groaned loudly as he squeezed his eyes shut and dug his fingers in the bark of the tree rather than me neck then rested his forehead on mine. He's making contact with me." You hate death" he repeated to himself in disbelief and shook his head in frustration.

A lump formed in my throat and I swallowed it down as I clenched my trembling hands. "Why can't I hurt you Alyssa? What the heck is wrong with you?" he asked with his breaths growing calm.

I kept silent. Probably for the first time in my existence. "Just answer me this of all my unanswered questions" he said taking heavy breaths again. His breath couldn't keep on a steady rate.

"That night that I came to you... In your dream...why...why did you reject me? Why?" he asked with slow heavy breaths and my lungs began tightening in my chest from the lack of air. And not only because of that but because of the tone of his voice . He sounded defeated but still aggravated.

When I failed to answered he let out another loud animalistic groan or scream and slapped the tree right above my head. The tree broke and fell lifelessly to the ground.

What scared me the the most was that it withered almost immediately on the ground making a residue of dust and dried up wood lay on the lawn. I screamed in terror as I quickly pushed off his hands ignoring the look he gave me when he opened his dark blue eyes then I ran away.